Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Precious333
homeschooling is hard sometimes
May 14 at 7:52 PM
We are having another hard week. I have been.stressed, my three year old has been more needy than usual, my oldest hates his assignments and i feel like i have been failing as a mom and teacher :( i hate yelling, i really try not to, and I have been doing it too much! It doesnt help that dh doesnt like me homeschooling as it is. I fear that putting them on school will multiply their issues, especially my oldest, I dont even know what is going on with him, maybe nothing! Sorry, vent over. Hopefully marriage counseling willl help.

Replies

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    May 14 at 9:47 PM

Ugh.  Hugs to you!

• Bleacheddecay
    May 14 at 10:19 PM

*HUGS*

• Precious333
    May 14 at 10:53 PM
    Thanks for tbe hugs guys!
  • jwhit8791
    May 15 at 9:51 AM

Hope the rest of your week goes more smoothly.  HUGS!

• TidewaterClan
    May 15 at 10:22 AM
    Hugs Precious!

This time of year is rough keeping the kids interested and feeling like we've finished everything we need to as well.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    May 15 at 10:22 AM

*hugs*

• bcogoli
    by bcogoli
    May 15 at 11:16 AM

Im so sorry! The end of the year is rough. Cut yourself some slack, we always seem worse to ourselves. Maybe take a day off and just enjoy being mom. Get some rest and hopefully you will feel better.

• NYCitymomx3
    May 15 at 11:27 AM

Just pare everything down a little.  All you really have to do is a little bit of math (maybe 1 workbook page), reading (read aloud or buddy read), and writing (a short bit of copywork, a journal entry, blog post, written narration, etc).  Everything else can be interest-led.  Take the kids out every day.  Go on nature walks with sketchpads and colored pencils.  Have a picnic in the park.  Go to a museum or drive to a farm.  Watch a documentary.  Play a fun educational computer game together.  Learning is in everything.  Make a list (together) of what your child really enjoys doing - both academically and other.  Then make a relaxed daily or weekly schedule from that.  Giving your child some say in his schedule make a huge difference.  Good luck and don't worry.

• coala
    by coala
    May 15 at 12:53 PM

I would take a break and let school just happen for a week or two...just do the basics and see what the rest of the day holds.

We have personally been tested here out our house....my LO is taking 7 hours to do 2 hours worth of work.  It is driving me insane.  Daddy has been putting her in timeout for losing focus....I don't think it is helping, but nothign has been working.  Good luck trying to find a new balance.

• Precious333
    May 15 at 12:54 PM

thank you! I am taking half teh day off today. I think I have been too hard on myself. I just felt like a total failure yesterday. I am still struggling though, especially on how to homeschool my oldest. Our relationship is just struggling, as is his schooling at the moment. I dont' think public school is the answer, but sometimes I feel that anyone but me would do better at it!

Quoting bcogoli:

Im so sorry! The end of the year is rough. Cut yourself some slack, we always seem worse to ourselves. Maybe take a day off and just enjoy being mom. Get some rest and hopefully you will feel better.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts