Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Britty1987
Homeschool Panel
May 9 at 12:43 PM

The church I attend is going to have a homeschool panel.  From what I understand, it will basically be a question and answer session type deal.  The pastor has asked me to be on the panel.  I'm still fairly new to this (this was our 1st year) and I'm not sure what topics I should prepare for.  I'm going to go brainstorm a little bit when my munchkin takes a nap this afternoon.  What kind of things would y'all suggest I talk about?  Thanks in advance for any advice you have =]

Replies

• redhead-bedhead
    May 9 at 1:27 PM

I would tke a few copies of your states laws and a list of differnet homeschooling groups in your area.

• energygirl
    May 10 at 2:37 PM

state laws, a list of resources (places to buy curriculum, maybe have a hand out for folks.. places like rainbowresource, christianbookdistributor, curriculum companies themselves...) ..... a few website or book ideas to help folks choose curriculum (like Cathy Duffy's "101 top curriculum picks).... maybe a sample schedule of what a typical day looks like at your house......  info about HSLDA ....  info on how folks can transition in your area from public to homeschool (do they need to contact school to not be counted truent).....  info on any co-ops in your area... facebook groups and sites for your state....

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN