Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Jilectan
Update on my reading challenged dd
May 9 at 1:59 AM

So I haven't been on here for awhile, what with the whole moving to Texas thing. We've actually been in Texas for 3 1/2 weeks, now, and we're getting things going. I've been trying to keep the kids on their regular school schedule to help them adjust. They're doing fine, partly because they are spending a ton of time outside just playing.

Anyway, the point of this is the reading instruction method we've been using with my DD, now 8. She's actually progressing with reading, sounds out her words in the right order, and is starting to sound out words on signs and things when we go places! It's a free curriculum for kids with dyslexia, it actually says it's for kids with artificially induced whole word dyslexia, called blend phonics. There's a ton of sounding out words. We seem to have gotten past the attention problems she was exhibiting, too, so she's making solid progress on her math and writing, as well.

Anyway, just thought I'd through this out there for comments or thoughts on the method. The web site is blendphonics.org .

Replies

There aren't any replies to this post. Be the first to reply!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN