Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
HipsterElephant
New to homeschooling, how's my curriculum?
May 9 at 12:22 AM

So I finished ordering my dd's curriculum. Mardel's was having a sale this week. I got Horizons math and Lifepac Language Arts. I picked up Story of the World #3 (and activity book) for history. I got Little House on the Prairie and Johnny Tremain (both with study guides) for reading. I bought Scott Pearson (secular) science because we believe in God guided evolution and not young earth creationism, and all the science curriculum at Mardel's was young earth. The only thing I forgot was Bible curriculum. Can you believe it? It's ok though because the sale is still on. I'm thinking about ordering the Cat and Dog Theology curriculum. It's $80 though and I want to make sure it's good. How did I do? Did I forget anything? My dd is in 4th grade.

Replies

• KrissyKC
    May 9 at 10:25 AM
    Sounds awesome. I think you will enjoy.

I'm not a fan of lifepac because it was just a lot of fill in the blanks and my kids weren't really retaining anything. However, some people like it. It is very easy to take with you wherever you need to be.

You will enjoy the reading, and the study guides can be fun to really dig into the book.

Do you live by a mardels? I'm jealous... we used to live in kansas city and I miss me some mardels!!!!

They have a day later in the summer where all of their schooling stuff is 20% off, even discounted stuff.

I found some just for fun stuff marked 80-90% off and still got 20% off of that.

I paid 9 cents for a fun workbook once!

Unfortunately, they don't have one here (st louis) so I only get their online deals.

Enjoy your journey!!!

• energygirl
    May 9 at 11:01 AM

we use Horizon math and LOVE it! :)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts