Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
Do you do an end of year purge?
by mem82
May 8 at 8:14 AM
My homeschooling areas need cleaned out so bad.

Replies

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    May 8 at 8:33 AM

I'm not purging, but I'm cleaning and arranging so I can (hopefully) find things a little easier.  I haven't been doing this long enough to purge just yet!

• TidewaterClan
    May 8 at 8:34 AM

I'll probably use eBay, but there's a local used curriculum sale going on next month.  If you sell things you can buy a day earlier.  I'm just thinking I'll get more on eBay, and I've got 99% of next year's books anyhow.  

Do you keep Missie's books to use again?  I think I'll keep most of Haley's.  There are a few things that wouldn't work as well for Elyssa.

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 8 at 8:39 AM
    I will be keeping Missie's books. Lol Saves me from having to rebuy Cole books.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I'll probably use eBay, but there's a local used curriculum sale going on next month.  If you sell things you can buy a day earlier.  I'm just thinking I'll get more on eBay, and I've got 99% of next year's books anyhow.  

Do you keep Missie's books to use again?  I think I'll keep most of Haley's.  There are a few things that wouldn't work as well for Elyssa.

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 8 at 8:40 AM
    My school area is in desperate need of a clean up.

Quoting hwblyf:

I'm not purging, but I'm cleaning and arranging so I can (hopefully) find things a little easier.  I haven't been doing this long enough to purge just yet!

• TidewaterClan
    May 8 at 8:47 AM

Plus it has to make lesson planning easier!  One of the only things I'll swap out is the history/social studies.  Elyssa has paid as much or more attention than Haley, so I'll get her something fresh for her 6th grade. :)

Quoting mem82: I will be keeping Missie's books. Lol Saves me from having to rebuy Cole books.
    Quoting TidewaterClan:

• KrissyKC
    May 8 at 9:15 AM
    Sorta...

I reorganize 2-4 times per year. Get rid of anything not working, donate some, put some away for lil sibs....

• kmath
    by kmath
    May 8 at 9:35 AM

I will be going through and getting rid of stuff we used already or don't like.  Plus I need to re-organize everything.

• JadeTigr7
    May 8 at 9:40 AM

I don't sell anything, because I still have another younger child, but I do switch things out and only keep out the grades for the year we'll be in (except when I'm lesson planning and need stuff out for that).

• No_Difference
    May 8 at 10:25 AM

I purge in the school area, but the storage area becomes more cluttered ;) lol 
    I haven't gotten to cleaning the school area out yet and next years stuff has already arrived :/ Maybe next week when I'm suddenly free I'll tackle that mess... or sleep...haven't decided lol  

• Jinx-Troublex3
    May 8 at 10:31 AM
    Since we just moved, I have been purging a ton of stuff! However, for us, that means returning most to the charter school we use. I have a few things I have bought to take to our park day curriculum swap.

I also realized I am hoarding art supplies...lol We need to do a huge art lesson either as a summer activity or next fall.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts