Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
Do you do an end of year purge?
by mem82
May 8 at 8:14 AM
My homeschooling areas need cleaned out so bad.

Replies

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    May 8 at 8:33 AM

I'm not purging, but I'm cleaning and arranging so I can (hopefully) find things a little easier.  I haven't been doing this long enough to purge just yet!

• TidewaterClan
    May 8 at 8:34 AM

I'll probably use eBay, but there's a local used curriculum sale going on next month.  If you sell things you can buy a day earlier.  I'm just thinking I'll get more on eBay, and I've got 99% of next year's books anyhow.  

Do you keep Missie's books to use again?  I think I'll keep most of Haley's.  There are a few things that wouldn't work as well for Elyssa.

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 8 at 8:39 AM
    I will be keeping Missie's books. Lol Saves me from having to rebuy Cole books.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I'll probably use eBay, but there's a local used curriculum sale going on next month.  If you sell things you can buy a day earlier.  I'm just thinking I'll get more on eBay, and I've got 99% of next year's books anyhow.  

Do you keep Missie's books to use again?  I think I'll keep most of Haley's.  There are a few things that wouldn't work as well for Elyssa.

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 8 at 8:40 AM
    My school area is in desperate need of a clean up.

Quoting hwblyf:

I'm not purging, but I'm cleaning and arranging so I can (hopefully) find things a little easier.  I haven't been doing this long enough to purge just yet!

• TidewaterClan
    May 8 at 8:47 AM

Plus it has to make lesson planning easier!  One of the only things I'll swap out is the history/social studies.  Elyssa has paid as much or more attention than Haley, so I'll get her something fresh for her 6th grade. :)

Quoting mem82: I will be keeping Missie's books. Lol Saves me from having to rebuy Cole books.
    Quoting TidewaterClan:

• KrissyKC
    May 8 at 9:15 AM
    Sorta...

I reorganize 2-4 times per year. Get rid of anything not working, donate some, put some away for lil sibs....

• kmath
    by kmath
    May 8 at 9:35 AM

I will be going through and getting rid of stuff we used already or don't like.  Plus I need to re-organize everything.

• JadeTigr7
    May 8 at 9:40 AM

I don't sell anything, because I still have another younger child, but I do switch things out and only keep out the grades for the year we'll be in (except when I'm lesson planning and need stuff out for that).

• No_Difference
    May 8 at 10:25 AM

I purge in the school area, but the storage area becomes more cluttered ;) lol 
    I haven't gotten to cleaning the school area out yet and next years stuff has already arrived :/ Maybe next week when I'm suddenly free I'll tackle that mess... or sleep...haven't decided lol  

• Jinx-Troublex3
    May 8 at 10:31 AM
    Since we just moved, I have been purging a ton of stuff! However, for us, that means returning most to the charter school we use. I have a few things I have bought to take to our park day curriculum swap.

I also realized I am hoarding art supplies...lol We need to do a huge art lesson either as a summer activity or next fall.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN