Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
Have you moved outdoors yet?
May 6 at 2:36 PM

With nicer temperatures across the country, have you taken the classroom outdoors  yet?

Where is your childs favorite outdoor place to learn?

Replies

• JadeTigr7
    May 6 at 2:43 PM

We have some what.  We go to the playground that's behind our house.

• Molimomma
    May 6 at 2:48 PM

Would love to but my son FREAKS out about every single flying bug(he thinks they are wasps).

• tuffymama
    May 6 at 2:52 PM
    Girl, it is already hot here. LOL. We go out in the morning for sunlight, and then come in for the hottest part of the day.
  • bluerooffarm
    May 6 at 3:00 PM

I would LOVE to, but hubby is on the roof putting up the other half of our solar panels.  My youngest would sneak up the ladder in a New York minute if I blinked for too long.  So we are stuck inside until the install is done or DH leaves for work later this week.

• Cafe MichelleP
    May 6 at 3:26 PM

Haha. I know what you mean. I recently moved from Texas to Kansas and these past few days have been hotter than where I lived in Texas. It was 102 on Sunday. Last Wed and Thursday we were in our winter coats. It went from one extreme to the next.

Quoting tuffymama: Girl, it is already hot here. LOL. We go out in the morning for sunlight, and then come in for the hottest part of the day.

• Cafe MichelleP
    May 6 at 3:27 PM

If he climbed on up, I'm sure a lesson about solar engery could be made out of it.   :) But I understand, my little one gets into everything.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I would LOVE to, but hubby is on the roof putting up the other half of our solar panels.  My youngest would sneak up the ladder in a New York minute if I blinked for too long.  So we are stuck inside until the install is done or DH leaves for work later this week.

• bluerooffarm
    May 6 at 3:45 PM

We did some solar energy lessons on the ground.  We built a solar oven out of a pizza box and made smores in it.  And we have a solar panel that DH uses at farm shows that's hooked up to a water fountain and a fan.  But our roof is really, really, really high (like 2 1/2 stories!), so no roof lessons for my boy! :-)

I think little ones who get into everything are the reasons for grey hairs!  Sigh.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

If he climbed on up, I'm sure a lesson about solar engery could be made out of it.   :) But I understand, my little one gets into everything.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

• kmath
    by kmath
    May 6 at 4:06 PM
    We have been outside for a while now. We go to the park some days. It will be too hot for that pretty soon.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    May 6 at 7:47 PM

Yup! We've been outside enjoying the weather.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    May 6 at 11:33 PM
    We have been doing lots of park days and the kids took a walk with DH today hut it has heen too windy to take the table or picnic out and sit and enjoy.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN