Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
HeidiDJF
Moms who love to read
April 29 at 9:02 AM

Personally, I love to read, but find I do not have the time now that i have 3 kids! :(

So to all my fellow reading moms... do you battle to find time to read now that you are a mom?

Really interested in seeing how reading changes as we have kids :)

Do you battle to find time to read now that you are a parent?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 40% - Yes, don't read anywhere near as much as I used to!
  2. 12% - Yes, battle to find the time
  3. 48% - No, I make time to read often!

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    April 29 at 9:25 AM

Yes it is a battle to find time.  I do read many books; I just don't get to read quite as much as I used to.  

• Molimomma
    April 29 at 9:32 AM

I read in the shower. My book gets a little wet and I have mastered the 1handed shampoo but otherwise I wouldn't be able to read hardly at all. It's only about 15 minutes a day but better than nothing! And yet another reason why real books are better than a kindle ;)

• HeidiDJF
    April 29 at 9:41 AM

@Molimomma you are a rockstar for reading in the shower! Talk about making the best of the little time you have hehe!! awsome!

• Bluecalm
    April 29 at 10:20 AM
    I sit on the patio and read while the kids are playing in the yard.
  • YzmaRocks
    April 29 at 10:32 AM
    I do make time to read but I was a voracious reader before having children. Now I read only a small fraction of what I used to when I had more free time. Worth it though! I know the time will come when my littles are grown and there will be plenty of reading time :)
  • kmath
    by kmath
    April 29 at 10:46 AM

I still try to squeeze in reading time (that doesn't have to do with whatever we are doing or books my son is reading), but it is hard to find the time.  I tend to end up staying up late at night to read some.

• Mommy2Phenley
    April 29 at 10:55 AM
    I don't read nearly as much as I used to. It used to be a rare year that I read less than 100 books. Now I'm lucky if I hit 20. I read mostly at night after the kids are asleep and anything else I have to do is done. But I'm often too tired so I end up watching a tv show to chill instead. When I do pick up a book I'm likely to stay up much too late because I can't put it back down.
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    April 29 at 11:34 AM

I read a lot of kid literature.  :)  So while I read, it's not the quantity or the genres I used to read.  But still good reads.  I'm diggin' ND Wilson as an author.

• Pukalani79
    April 29 at 12:12 PM

I definitely do not read as much as I did before I had kids, but I have learned to make time every day to read - even if it's only 20 min or so.  When I take my son to Band, his class is only 25 minutes long, so not really time enough to run errands or go home, so I sit in the car and read.  It is by far the most relaxing part of my day

• paganbaby
    April 29 at 12:56 PM

I make time. There are times when I'll go weeks without watching T.V because I'll be submerged in a good series. 

No I don't have as much time as I used to so I usually read in bed or during lunch/break time.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts