Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
When the year is done, will you have completed every chapter in the book?
by mem82
April 28 at 8:52 AM
PSers rarely finish their textbooks. Do you not stop until you've finished it all or do you go until your stopping date and call it good?

Replies

• kmath
    by kmath
    April 28 at 8:56 AM

Depends on the subject.  We have been done with English and Math for over a month now.  History, not so much.  I don't mind not finishing a book as long as he has been learning all year.  We can always continue it next year if we want to.

• No_Difference
    April 28 at 9:15 AM

This year we will for sure have finished every chapter, except for Riley with math. We started his math year during Christmas 2 christmas-es ago, so he won't technically be done with his book til Christmas. We plan on doing math through the summer with him though so we can start next year with the new book. 
    Last year though, Jamie didn't finish her math book last year, she only had a few chapters left, but we stopped the year, and finished the book at the beginning of this year. I guess it just depends on how the shcool year is going and how long we can drag it out before it gets too busy.  

• bluerooffarm
    April 28 at 10:24 AM

sidesplittinglaughter

Sorry I'll get myself under control.

NO NO NO Never!  We will have finished Zave's math curriculum every chapter and it surprised the heck out of me!!  

• Codysmom2106
    April 28 at 10:36 AM
    We will just continue on until everything is done unless I feel like he's really got it. We just started homeschooling the end of January and just got his books recently.
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    April 28 at 10:38 AM
    We finish books all the time but at different times during the year. Depends on the subject. We use a living book approach to history and science. We also pick out what we use out of textbooks. We never simply just use a textbook. The only exception is probably math. We homeschool year round so we finish the school year sometime in August. Our math will be done by then and we started only a coupld months ago. We switched very recently. We stared something new for english as well. It is multi book program. We will not have write shop finished but I wasn't planning on using for two years. I just realized how all over the place I am with this answer.
  • Pink.Frosting
    April 28 at 10:39 AM

Usually, no but now that they are in a high school program, yes.  But I disagree that those in PS finish all of the text.  During the short time mine were in PS, there was a lot of jumping around in the texts and certain parts weren't used at all.

• Precious333
    April 28 at 10:40 AM
    For the most part yes, except ny oldest in math, but we will be continuing that this summer (slowly)
  • TidewaterClan
    April 28 at 11:29 AM

We'll finish most of each book.  The 6th grade social studies/world history had 65 lessons from the start, so we'll finish that up next year (in July!) because we're all enjoying it so much.

• Chasing3
    April 28 at 11:32 AM

no, in fact, we've abandoned the social studies textbook I bought, and we never eveen started the grammar workbook I got. I may try to do the grammar workbook over the summer. We will do math all summer.

• paganbaby
    April 28 at 11:34 AM

We don't have books,lol. For us the learning doesn't stop with summer, we just add another kid to the mix.

Audi can't wait till summer though! And to be honest neither can I. I am so over getting up at 6:30!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN