Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Bleacher-mom
How do you deal with other kids when they say...
April 28 at 3:16 AM
That they wish they were homeschooled?

Many of my kids' friends go to school and are at my house a lot. All of them have said at one time or another that they wish they could be homeschooled. I usually just try to change the subject. What do you say?

Replies

• KickButtMama
    April 28 at 7:19 AM

I usually say that it is fun but that it doesn't work out for every family.

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 28 at 8:39 AM
    I usually just chuckle and move the conversation on.
  • kmath
    by kmath
    April 28 at 8:44 AM

I usually laugh and tell them they don't want me as a teacher and then change the conversation.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    April 28 at 10:41 AM
    I would tell them to talk to their parents and in the mean time just make the best of every situation. I would have loved to be homeschooled if I had different parents. It is not right for everyone.
  • JadeTigr7
    April 28 at 10:58 AM

I just tell them that's really between their parents and them.

• bluerooffarm
    April 28 at 11:16 AM

I have told a couple kids that a lot of it is fun but it is still work.  My kids still have lots of classes that they don't get to see and that it is not for every family.

• TidewaterClan
    April 28 at 11:27 AM

I let them know it's not all fun and games, and there is a load of work they don't see.

• Chasing3
    April 28 at 11:30 AM

I'd probably change the subject too or say something kind of neutral like "everything has it's plusses and minuses." They might be assuming it's all fun and games. Also, clearly many parents would not be cut out for it or enjoy it in the least.

• paganbaby
    April 28 at 11:32 AM

Same here. Hell I would have loved to be unschooled,lol. 

Quoting jen2150: I would tell them to talk to their parents and in the mean time just make the best of every situation. I would have loved to be homeschooled if I had different parents. It is not right for everyone.

• AutymsMommy
    April 28 at 11:39 AM

"It's pretty fun to homeschool. I bet you have fun at your school too, though!"

Change subject. Rinse and repeat as needed. I'm well aware, intimately aware, that no one type of education works for every family.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN