Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Chrlns3
Anyone else who was homeschooled now homeschool their kids?
by Chrlns3
April 25 at 3:24 PM
I live in NC and they require that you send proof of high school graduation for parents. Being homeschooled, I don't have any documentation of graduating high school.
I am considering homeschooling my kids this coming school year, but I'm not sure they will accept this, since I don't have an official high school diploma.
If you were homeschooled, and you had to prove high school completion to homeschool your kids, what did you use to do so?

Replies

• gcstar42
    April 25 at 3:40 PM
    Well I just accidentally clicked on this and I do not know much about homeschooling, lol, but I thought homeschoolers still got diplomas. So here is a bump for you anyways!
  • Codysmom2106
    April 25 at 9:35 PM

Did you ever get your GED? Would that work? Or if you got a diploma from your homeschool? 

• ablackdolphin
    April 26 at 10:29 PM
    I wish I knew an answer for you.
  • dizzy91
    by dizzy91
    April 27 at 7:24 AM

Do you have a G.E.D.? You may have to write to them and say you were also homeschooled. A lot of places still give something showing completion of homeschooling when you finish 12th grade. They may require that. If you don't have either, you may have an issue. 

I think your best option would be to contact the school system and explain the situation. They may be able to tell you an alternative or what you have to do to prove you were homeschooled.

• bcogoli
    by bcogoli
    April 27 at 9:23 AM

I was homeschooled but I have not had to prove anything to the school system about my education. I feel like it cant be legal for them to require this. If they make it to difficult I would contact HSLDA and see if they can help. I am so sorry you have to deal with this. 

• Angela4boys
    April 27 at 9:30 AM
    Just have your mom make a diploma or transcript for you. Submit it, done.

I'm in NC. I wasn't homeschooled. I graduated in CA, and submitted transcript...which looks completely like nothing more than a piece of paper with grade and credits on it. I would think you could find a template online somewhere. I couldn't find my diploma, but I bet you could somehow get one online and have your mom sign it.
  • SarahinWA
    April 27 at 6:36 PM
    Do you have any college? Usually, if you have a college transcript, all high school issues are moot.

I was homeschooled through HS graduation, but we went through the WA State Homeschool Organization (WHO)graduation and I have a diploma.

Good luck!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN