Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
No_Difference
Kinda OT, but could be fun
April 19 at 5:40 PM

For Harry Potter fans: 
http://www.hogwartsishere.com/
You can now enroll in Hogwarts, acceptance letter and all, and actually take classes, and get actual assignments. You'd get (I'm assuming online books) such as A Standard Book of Spells and its all entirely free. Its run off of volunteers - including the "Professors" are volunteers.  They're 9 week courses. 

Replies

• KickButtMama
    April 19 at 8:35 PM

O. M. G. My eldest will die when I tell him! 

• No_Difference
    April 19 at 11:36 PM

I'm going to admit...I totaly geeked out, and went back in bookmarks past to find the quiz to figure out which house I was originally sorted into LOL. I had Jamie take the quiz, and she's "enrolling" on Monday.

• KickButtMama
    April 20 at 12:12 AM

Both my boys enrolled - my eldest is in Huffelpuff and my youngest in Slytherin. Both were stoked until they learned you actually have to write the essays and such.... Mwahahahaha

Quoting No_Difference:

I'm going to admit...I totaly geeked out, and went back in bookmarks past to find the quiz to figure out which house I was originally sorted into LOL. I had Jamie take the quiz, and she's "enrolling" on Monday.

• No_Difference
    April 20 at 7:37 AM

LOL. :} (<- evil smile lol) I wasn't going to tell her the assignments were real until she enrolled

Quoting KickButtMama:

Both my boys enrolled - my eldest is in Huffelpuff and my youngest in Slytherin. Both were stoked until they learned you actually have to write the essays and such.... Mwahahahaha

Quoting No_Difference:

• kirbymom
    April 20 at 9:14 AM
    Oooh.. . That is so sneaky! Lol

Quoting No_Difference:

LOL. :} (<- evil smile lol) I wasn't going to tell her the assignments were real until she enrolled

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting No_Difference:

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 20 at 6:18 PM
    That sounds amazing!
  • TidewaterClan
    April 21 at 8:42 AM

Wonderful!  Thank you for telling us!

• Pukalani79
    April 29 at 10:36 PM

What types of classes are offered?

• sarah_beth
    May 5 at 9:38 AM

That is totally awesome! My kids will flip!  :)

• No_Difference
    May 5 at 10:51 AM

I actually don't know yet lol. I did sign up, but haven't gotten to the point of signing up for classes yet. I've been swamped with making costumes for a play so I haven't been able to be online much in general except for a few minutes here and there while I'm giving my brain a break. I'm hoping next week I'll actually get to explore it more. 

Quoting Pukalani79:

What types of classes are offered?

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN