Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
KrissyKC
kicking them out.
April 18 at 4:38 PM
That is it. I've had enough! I am kicking my kids out. They are out on their tails right now....

....crawling around in the driveway with neighbor kids with sidewalk chalk and buckets of legos.

It is just so gorgeous out here. Just a little hot in the sun, but clear skies and slight breeze...probably upper 70s...

I had to force my 12 yr old out though. If she had her way, she would wear out the corner of the couch with a wall of booka surrounding her.

She was really ticked, but I kicked her out anyway....

Replies

• debramommyof4
    April 18 at 4:54 PM
    Sounds like a fun day. I am with your 12 year old though.
  • KrissyKC
    April 18 at 5:02 PM
    Yes. I was an avid reader as a kid too, but no one cared to teach me to temper it.

We got 15 books for her from the library that were like 350-750 page books. She read them all twice in a week. She turned friends away and refused to do anything else.

Quoting debramommyof4: Sounds like a fun day. I am with your 12 year old though.
  • debramommyof4
    April 18 at 6:54 PM
    That's not good. I would kick her out as well.

Quoting KrissyKC: Yes. I was an avid reader as a kid too, but no one cared to teach me to temper it.

We got 15 books for her from the library that were like 350-750 page books. She read them all twice in a week. She turned friends away and refused to do anything else.

Quoting debramommyof4: Sounds like a fun day. I am with your 12 year old though.
  • Bluecalm
    April 18 at 7:03 PM
    I was an avid reader as a kid too. My parents used to boot me outside and I'd sit up in a tree and read LOL.
  • KickButtMama
    April 18 at 7:14 PM

Lol, my kids would be jealous! They've been locked in doing make-up work all week..lol

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    April 18 at 8:19 PM

sounds like a good day!  My oldest is like your 12 yo, too.  Everyone says it's so great, but that's only cuz they've not seen a child actually stop in the middle of getting out of his underwear and fall over because of reading a book.  Truly a hazardous occupation.  Can I get a helmet law?  :)

• Jinx-Troublex3
    April 19 at 12:47 AM
    I wish my kids would read...anywhere!

Strange to me because I always have a book..or three..going at a time.

We live in a really bad ghetto part of town right now but move next week to the country. All three will have friends that live within walking distance! Yup...kicking them out!
  • bluerooffarm
    April 19 at 3:18 PM

Quoting Bluecalm: I was an avid reader as a kid too. My parents used to boot me outside and I'd sit up in a tree and read LOL.

Me too! LOL

• coala
    by coala
    April 20 at 8:44 PM

I have had to force my 8 yo out the door several times....to go out and play.  I threaten removal of other things she likes if she comes in before I let them.  When they BEG to play outside and finally get a chance...don't come in after 10 mins and say I have nothing to do....go find something to do.

• TidewaterClan
    April 21 at 8:44 AM

LOL, it's been so beautiful lately!  It's good to be kicked out. :)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN