Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Codysmom2106
Sorry ladies....what about Growing with Grammar?
April 17 at 2:25 PM

Thoughts and opinions on this? I'm sorry this is our first year so I'm just trying to get everything going. If I buy this and it doesn't work out I can't go back and buy one of the others later. 

Replies

• AutymsMommy
    April 17 at 2:29 PM

I'm not a fan of the series. If the grammar is anything like the writing (Winning With Writing), you can expect shallow and uninspired; it's is way too lite, imo.

• bluerooffarm
    April 17 at 3:04 PM

Not a fan.  It's pretty boring and easy.

• chotovec82
    April 17 at 9:39 PM
    Yea we used this... It isn't very good. We're switching our sons to other programs.
  • Codysmom2106
    April 17 at 10:21 PM

Quoting chotovec82: Yea we used this... It isn't very good. We're switching our sons to other programs.

Bummer. Right now I am trying to decide between rod and staff and shurley English. I am also doing more research to see what else is out there that is in our budget. It is just a little overwhelming. 

• chotovec82
    April 18 at 12:29 AM
    Quoting Codysmom2106:

Quoting chotovec82: Yea we used this... It isn't very good. We're switching our sons to other programs.

Bummer. Right now I am trying to decide between rod and staff and shurley English. I am also doing more research to see what else is out there that is in our budget. It is just a little overwhelming. 

Check out iew.com it is well liked...
  • AutymsMommy
    April 18 at 3:29 AM
    Iew is only writing. If she needs grammar, cheap, I would suggest Seton or CLE.

Quoting chotovec82:
    Quoting Codysmom2106:

• chotovec82
    April 18 at 3:36 AM
    Quoting AutymsMommy: Iew is only writing. If she needs grammar, cheap, I would suggest Seton or CLE.

Quoting chotovec82:
    Quoting Codysmom2106:

Iew gas some grammar book I their products. I just looked at them. The student book is 15 tbe teacher book is 19.
  • Codysmom2106
    April 18 at 8:20 AM

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I really don't want to spend more than $100 on something.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN