Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Codysmom2106
Sorry ladies....what about Growing with Grammar?
April 17 at 2:25 PM

Thoughts and opinions on this? I'm sorry this is our first year so I'm just trying to get everything going. If I buy this and it doesn't work out I can't go back and buy one of the others later. 

Replies

• AutymsMommy
    April 17 at 2:29 PM

I'm not a fan of the series. If the grammar is anything like the writing (Winning With Writing), you can expect shallow and uninspired; it's is way too lite, imo.

• bluerooffarm
    April 17 at 3:04 PM

Not a fan.  It's pretty boring and easy.

• chotovec82
    April 17 at 9:39 PM
    Yea we used this... It isn't very good. We're switching our sons to other programs.
  • Codysmom2106
    April 17 at 10:21 PM

Quoting chotovec82: Yea we used this... It isn't very good. We're switching our sons to other programs.

Bummer. Right now I am trying to decide between rod and staff and shurley English. I am also doing more research to see what else is out there that is in our budget. It is just a little overwhelming. 

• chotovec82
    April 18 at 12:29 AM
    Quoting Codysmom2106:

Quoting chotovec82: Yea we used this... It isn't very good. We're switching our sons to other programs.

Bummer. Right now I am trying to decide between rod and staff and shurley English. I am also doing more research to see what else is out there that is in our budget. It is just a little overwhelming. 

Check out iew.com it is well liked...
  • AutymsMommy
    April 18 at 3:29 AM
    Iew is only writing. If she needs grammar, cheap, I would suggest Seton or CLE.

Quoting chotovec82:
    Quoting Codysmom2106:

• chotovec82
    April 18 at 3:36 AM
    Quoting AutymsMommy: Iew is only writing. If she needs grammar, cheap, I would suggest Seton or CLE.

Quoting chotovec82:
    Quoting Codysmom2106:

Iew gas some grammar book I their products. I just looked at them. The student book is 15 tbe teacher book is 19.
  • Codysmom2106
    April 18 at 8:20 AM

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I really don't want to spend more than $100 on something.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts