Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
tiredmomfor2
Proud Mom Moments!
April 16 at 8:07 AM
Hi ladies!
I know most of you know how much my oldest struggled to learn to read. He finally turned that corner and was able to read well..he just was 'not a fan' of reading. I kept reading to him and encouraging him to read outside of school. I also obviously had him read to me for short periods of time during school.
I have kind of laid off him lately and not pushed about the reading.
Last Saturday he walked to the book shelf with all the chapter books pick one and started reading! he read on it all weekend and finished it last night! He told me he wants to start another one this morning.
I'm so proud! I want to shout it from the roof tops..but I can't..he is the type of kid that if i make a big deal out of it..then he may stop. So I'm happily sitting on my hands and holding my breath while he reads away. lol

Share your proud Mom moment!

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    April 16 at 12:14 PM

Awesome!!  Bump

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    April 16 at 1:08 PM
    That is great. Reading can take awhile for some kids. I know how good it feels when all their hard work pays off.
  • tiredmomfor2
    April 16 at 1:13 PM
    Yes. I am so proud. It took him a long time to learn to read. He is eight now and finally where he should be.. It was so worth all the tears and worry.
    *As I type this, he is riddling me with facts about the book he just finished. Yay for comprehension!!!*

Quoting jen2150: That is great. Reading can take awhile for some kids. I know how good it feels when all their hard work pays off.
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    April 16 at 1:48 PM
    My son just turned 10 and just started reading beginning chapter books. It was a long road but worth all the hard work. It is hard when they want to do something and are just struggling.

Quoting tiredmomfor2: Yes. I am so proud. It took him a long time to learn to read. He is eight now and finally where he should be.. It was so worth all the tears and worry.
    *As I type this, he is riddling me with facts about the book he just finished. Yay for comprehension!!!*

Quoting jen2150: That is great. Reading can take awhile for some kids. I know how good it feels when all their hard work pays off.
  • jwhit8791
    April 16 at 1:59 PM

My oldest just turned 7 this weekend, and I was a little blown away today while at lunch.  He and his brother were talking and the 4YO asked how long it would take Olivia(their 2YO sister) to eat 100 million sandwiches.  My 7 yo said 2 centuries and when I asked him how long that was......he actually knew it!  LOL  I always run across little things like that, that I am like Wow, really?

• tiredmomfor2
    April 16 at 2:31 PM
    Yes. Hence the tears. ;)
    Oh and when I said he is 8 it is more like 9. His birthday is in a month.
    Congrats on your sons progress!
    Quoting jen2150: My son just turned 10 and just started reading beginning chapter books. It was a long road but worth all the hard work. It is hard when they want to do something and are just struggling.

Quoting tiredmomfor2: Yes. I am so proud. It took him a long time to learn to read. He is eight now and finally where he should be.. It was so worth all the tears and worry.

• romacox
    by romacox
    April 16 at 4:39 PM

happy_dance

• tiredmomfor2
    April 16 at 4:41 PM
    That is awesome!

Quoting jwhit8791:

My oldest just turned 7 this weekend, and I was a little blown away today while at lunch.  He and his brother were talking and the 4YO asked how long it would take Olivia(their 2YO sister) to eat 100 million sandwiches.  My 7 yo said 2 centuries and when I asked him how long that was......he actually knew it!  LOL  I always run across little things like that, that I am like Wow, really?

• JasonsMom2007
    April 16 at 4:52 PM
    Awesome!
    We had a really, really rough day yesterday. One of those days that ends with me in tears feeling like a terrible parent who can't do this right. Ds spent a while in his room just to keep the rest of us safe. It happens with him.
    Last night after he was in bed I discovered that he had sat down and wrote me a letter while he was in there. The first two lines were "dear mommy, I love you so much. I love you so much I can't keep my mind off of you and everything you do for me."
    Yeah I was sobbing.
  • tiredmomfor2
    April 16 at 5:16 PM
    Awe. :)
    I bet that made the terrible day all worth it.

Quoting JasonsMom2007: Awesome!
    We had a really, really rough day yesterday. One of those days that ends with me in tears feeling like a terrible parent who can't do this right. Ds spent a while in his room just to keep the rest of us safe. It happens with him.
    Last night after he was in bed I discovered that he had sat down and wrote me a letter while he was in there. The first two lines were "dear mommy, I love you so much. I love you so much I can't keep my mind off of you and everything you do for me."
    Yeah I was sobbing.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN