Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
bcogoli
curriculum and supply storage.
by bcogoli
April 15 at 2:10 PM

I have an almost 1 yo adorable and wonderful baby girl who is also very destructive.  Every day she tears apart the house. I have so much home school stuff that now I am getting nervous that she will get into the supplies and loose stuff or worse get hurt. Any good ideas for storing the supplies in a way that is secure but still easily accessible?

Replies

• debramommyof4
    April 15 at 2:30 PM
    Get a cabinet and a lock. That way it can be in the room but locked up. I always put stuff in the top of my closet when I do not want the kids to get it but that is not always practical.
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    April 15 at 2:40 PM

I have a 5yo, adorable, sweet child, who constantly takes things and hides them.  Not intentionally, he just drops them when he's done and has no idea where they've gone.  :(  So he's not allowed a lot of things without supervision, because I need those things and need to be able to find them.  That won't really work with a 1yo.  I do agree with the lock or high up in a not-readily-accessible location.

• paganbaby
    April 15 at 2:48 PM

A large tote maybe?

• ablackdolphin
    April 15 at 4:21 PM

I have child proof locks on our french doors that DS kept opening to get into our school room.  He can come in through another bathroom door but I usually keep the doors closed and that is enough.

• bcogoli
    by bcogoli
    April 15 at 6:44 PM

I think I may have to take all your advice and just lock it all up. lol. She is an adorable baby but she is a terror!

• KrissyKC
    April 15 at 11:30 PM
    We have those cheap build them yourself pantries with doors. Bought them at walmart and hubby and I put them together. They are sturdy enough and can be anchored to the wall. You can get them in a variety of finishes.
  • Jlee4249
    April 17 at 2:41 AM

We use Velcro straps on the handles of cabinet doors.  Other than that, we've split the supplies up: art supplies are in Tupperware-type containers with lids, unused papers & folders, etc are in the computer cabinet, while the books are on a high shelf of a bookshelf.  Good luck.

• twyliatepeka
    April 20 at 4:09 AM

sounds like my niece that lives with us, just not as bad. she is 2 & cute as a button but AWFUL(her mommy's fault all the way though)all at once. I have the worst time keeping her out of our hs stuff but have no doors to keep her out since our hs space is just the back part of our living room & I can't afford new cabinets just fir her. I never had that problem with mine but then she was a different type kid all around.

Quoting bcogoli:

I think I may have to take all your advice and just lock it all up. lol. She is an adorable baby but she is a terror!

• KickButtMama
    April 20 at 9:00 AM

Rubbermaid containers. Sometimes I think they are people proof.

• kirbymom
    April 20 at 10:14 AM
    Bah ha ha ha
    I just can't stop picturing an adult pitchibg a fit becauae they can't get in. LOL

Quoting KickButtMama:

Rubbermaid containers. Sometimes I think they are people proof.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN