Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
bluerooffarm
Anybody else winding down? How many days are left?
April 15 at 9:13 AM

Our last day was supposed to be Friday, so I am totally facing a mutiny on Monday!!  LOL  We took a week and a half off for sickness and my mom's stroke, so we have 11 days left!  Wooohooo!

Replies

• RADmomma
    April 15 at 9:14 AM
    We technically school year round but were slowing down & doing more fun activities
  • bluerooffarm
    April 15 at 9:27 AM

Quoting RADmomma: We technically school year round but were slowing down & doing more fun activities

We use our curriculum for 180 days and unschool the rest of the year.  My kids are really ready to have more say in their work!  LOL

• Bluecalm
    April 15 at 10:03 AM
    I plan on having going year round, but summer will be mostly keeping up his skills and doing fun stuff.
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    April 15 at 10:34 AM

We're done with the official schooling, but I'm going to have my kids become experts in areas they can teach next year.  So I've got my rising 2nd grader working on simple machines.  I came downstairs this morning and he already had the kit out.  And he made (started) crystals yesterday, so he's doing a little research on stalactites and stalagmites.  :)

• bluerooffarm
    April 15 at 10:36 AM

Quoting Bluecalm: I plan on having going year round, but summer will be mostly keeping up his skills and doing fun stuff.

That's kind of what we do too.  The usually pick out something to study in science and just practice the math skills and writing skills that they use to keep their data.  (They also read books, of course!  LOL)

• bluerooffarm
    April 15 at 10:37 AM

Quoting hwblyf:

We're done with the official schooling, but I'm going to have my kids become experts in areas they can teach next year.  So I've got my rising 2nd grader working on simple machines.  I came downstairs this morning and he already had the kit out.  And he made (started) crystals yesterday, so he's doing a little research on stalactites and stalagmites.  :)

That's a great idea!  My boys pick out something to study, but expert sounds really cool!

Congrats on being officially done!  We are very ready to be officially done!!

• KrissyKC
    April 15 at 10:56 AM
    No. We hit a wall from late november until february. We were going to our outside classes, doing math, and hit and miss english and literature.

Everything else got neglected, so we will be schooling all yeat.
  • JadeTigr7
    April 15 at 11:05 AM

We school year round but we won't be "done" with this school year until September maybe.

• Mweddle
    by Mweddle
    April 15 at 11:10 AM

We will be on less of a strict schedule once public school lets out in late May.  Then we will finish Alpha and she will practice reading each day.  Thats really it. 

• Jinx-Troublex3
    April 15 at 11:23 AM
    Our Charter school is in until the first week of June. We are kind of relaxed this week because we are packing to move and my brain is fried.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts