Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
KickButtMama
Shocking!
April 8 at 8:35 PM

Ok, maybe I'm out of touch. I mean it's been many a year since I was in school myself, and my kids have never been to PS. But this is freakin rediculous! The clip I attached is a public service announcement from Australia to promote staying in school. I think it's disgusting that when thinking of things that would inspire kids to learn, they had to equate not learning to being blown up! Yup you read that right, the kids that skip school in this clip are blown up.

WARNING: It's graphic. (And it ran on Regular Television in Australia! )

Thoughts?

Replies

• chotovec82
    April 8 at 8:48 PM
    Uhm... WTF? Yea disgusting... If they couldn't read by those ages; it wasn't their fault it was the schools... omg...
  • debramommyof4
    April 12 at 9:41 AM
    That is beyond disturbing. What the heck?
  • KickButtMama
    April 12 at 9:45 AM

I know, right? Amazingly the tv station was shocked at the negative backlash they got for running it. Smh 

Quoting debramommyof4: That is beyond disturbing. What the heck?

• debramommyof4
    April 12 at 9:47 AM
    That is insane. I do not understand why they were surprised. You do not act that about anything.

Quoting KickButtMama:

I know, right? Amazingly the tv station was shocked at the negative backlash they got for running it. Smh 

Quoting debramommyof4: That is beyond disturbing. What the heck?

• KickButtMama
    April 12 at 10:00 AM

Quoting chotovec82: Uhm... WTF? Yea disgusting... If they couldn't read by those ages; it wasn't their fault it was the schools... omg...

OMG, you're right! I didn't even think of that. But, you're right, if they can't dad a simple warning sign by the time they are teens then they have bigger issues. I was so shocked at the premise - skip school and you'll die a horrible death - that I didn't even catch the reading thing! 

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    April 12 at 10:37 AM
    That's horrible and disgusting!
  • elizabooks
    April 12 at 11:37 AM

Wow. that was .....

• TidewaterClan
    April 12 at 11:40 AM

Holy cow!  I read the comments before I watched it, but I didn't expect it to be that bad.  Whoever made this has been watching too many zombie movies.  

Kind of cheesy seeing that advertisement on the bottom left to watch a Christmas Special at the end.

• bluerooffarm
    April 12 at 1:01 PM

This is a spoof!  It's not real.  They did not air it.  It went viral about 3-4 months back and then the original website came out with the fact that it was just a joke (very dark humor).

• paganbaby
    April 12 at 5:41 PM

That was gross!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts