Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
bluerooffarm
Prayers please.
April 8 at 5:31 PM

My mother had a stroke yesterday evening that broke an aneurysm.  She is now sitting up and able to move both her arms and legs.  She is having trouble saying some words, so there will be some speech therapy.

I haven't been able to go see her, the boys have passed their sickies onto me.  So with a fever of 104' I'm not allowed into the hospital (of course I wouldn't want to go get her or anyone else sick) but it makes my heart hurt to not be there.

Update!

Mom was sent home today.  We will hopefully be well enough to visit early next week sometime!  They said it was something about her sugar levels, so she's got a blood glucose monitor now and she begins some speech therapy next week.  She sounds upbeat and like she's doing really well!

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers!

Replies

• kirbymom
    April 8 at 5:52 PM
    Oh sweety! I am so sorry . That would be very frustrating indeed, not to be able to go. Of course you and your family shall be in my prayers. What led to the stroke, do you know yet?
  • Bluecalm
    April 8 at 6:03 PM
    I'm so sorry! Sending lots of prayers.That's a positive sign that she can move her arms and legs already. My dh had a small stroke last month and the only lasting effect has been a little numbness in the corner of his eye and on his palm.
  • irvinehiker
    April 8 at 6:57 PM
    Prayers for peace, comfort and a quick recovery.
  • TidewaterClan
    April 8 at 7:03 PM
    I'm sorry Blue. It is good news that she's able to move. I'm praying for her recovery and you guys to get over your virus. 104' is extremely rough, especially for adults. Are you doing alright?
  • debramommyof4
    April 8 at 7:04 PM

Praying

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    April 8 at 7:15 PM

Prayers for all of you.

• bcogoli
    by bcogoli
    April 8 at 7:32 PM

I am praying for you all

• TJandKarasMom
    April 8 at 7:41 PM

So sorry you can't go see her, I'm sure that is all you want to do!  I will keep her, and you, in my prayers.  ::hugs::

• SuperMommy408
    April 8 at 10:37 PM
    I'm praying for you guy's.
  • KrissyKC
    April 8 at 10:53 PM
    Keep us updated, blue, and get rest. Praying!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts