Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
bluerooffarm
Prayers please.
April 8 at 5:31 PM

My mother had a stroke yesterday evening that broke an aneurysm.  She is now sitting up and able to move both her arms and legs.  She is having trouble saying some words, so there will be some speech therapy.

I haven't been able to go see her, the boys have passed their sickies onto me.  So with a fever of 104' I'm not allowed into the hospital (of course I wouldn't want to go get her or anyone else sick) but it makes my heart hurt to not be there.

Update!

Mom was sent home today.  We will hopefully be well enough to visit early next week sometime!  They said it was something about her sugar levels, so she's got a blood glucose monitor now and she begins some speech therapy next week.  She sounds upbeat and like she's doing really well!

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers!

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 9 at 9:19 AM

Praying! It is good news that she is moving and speaking. The more you can do directly after the stroke, the more chance you have of making a complete recovery.

• SarahNElijah
    April 9 at 10:19 AM
    I am so sorry. :-( Sending prayers. We are taking care of my father-in-law who had a similar stroke last year (was able to move arms, but slurred speech and unable to walk right after). It has been a year now, and he is able to walk with a walker, and do most things with help.

Praying for fast (and full) recovery for both of you. :-(
  • Bluecalm
    April 9 at 11:23 AM
    How is your mom today?
  • bluerooffarm
    April 9 at 11:26 AM

Thank you all so much!  I spoke to her on the phone this morning.  She's pretty confused and having trouble with short term memory, but she sounded much better than I thought she would.  She was able to tell me the people who hd come to visit her.  

My youngest 2 boys are starting to feel better, but Zave and I are still pretty sick.  It looks like it's taking about 6 days to get back on top of things.  This really pushed school for us!  If we can get back to it this week, we will be done before May.  

Thanks again for all the prayers!  I really appreciate it!

• romacox
    by romacox
    April 9 at 4:32 PM

I certainly will pray for you and your mom bluerooffarm.  group hug

• paganbaby
    April 9 at 11:52 PM

((Hugs))!!! I hope she gets better soon!

• bluerooffarm
    April 11 at 7:04 PM

Update!

Mom was sent home today.  We will hopefully be well enough to visit early next week sometime!  They said it was something about her sugar levels, so she's got a blood glucose monitor now and she begins some speech therapy next week.  She sounds upbeat and like she's doing really well!

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers!

• debramommyof4
    April 12 at 9:31 AM
    I am so happy for your family and your mom

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts