Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
Planners and planning. How did your's work out this year?
by mem82
April 6 at 7:55 PM

Tell us about how you planned out your year.

Did you use a planner? homemade or bought?

Did it work the whole year or was it a flop?

Did you plan it out in one sitting or did you fly by the seat of your pants?

Replies

• kirbymom
    April 19 at 8:52 PM
    What you describe and go through is what I felt lije and went through years ago. So, I decided to do what I am doing now through many trials and errors. I have also found this system to work wonders when going back through, looking for specific lessons to expand and when we wanted to show where they were educationally. It quite literally has saved me thousands of hours of work.

I think I read the same article. :) I definitely watched the movie. That was a good scene that you're talking about. I remember thinking that if only my mom had been able to do the same. kwim?

Quoting paganbaby:

Nice! You know this has inspired me to ditch my current way of record keeping. I was taking a hard look at it the other day and thinking, it's just not working. Everyday I keep a detailed list everything we do and what subject it falls under. It's so much work for me and then the days I fall behind I feel so  stressed. I'm thinking, when am I ever going to need to know what Bubba did on Nov 3 2013? Or any other specific date. In my minds eye I saw stacks and stacks of useless paper and dates stretching out before me. Screw it.

I'm going to take a page out of your book and just create a portfolio. I'll keep samples of his writing and pictures of our projects. His math, science and history are done in notebooks so that's easy to hold onto and I'll just let the rest go.

I feel better just saying that,lol.

Quoting kirbymom: I keep my kid's paperwork plus a cd of all websites we use, plus the older kids do most of their work on computer and I keep that information on a usb device along with several cds. I keep all of this in a specific place and go over the part of their work that needs improves or praise them for doing great and catching on. Then we talk about what goals should be set for the week or the month or if it is an ongoing lesson in a particular subject. I will sometimes write this on a whiteboard or chalkboard and will take a picture of the assignments for my personal perusal to tweak at a later date. All of this also serves to be my "portfolio" if I need to show what we do. So I kill 2 birds with 1 stone, so to speak.

Quoting paganbaby:

How do you keep records if you don't write anything down?

Quoting kirbymom: This ... but without the journals.

Quoting jen2150: I don't write anything down. I go through books and plan on a daily basis. Normally I set down with my kids and we make plans and goals for each day. We like to do a lot of journals.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    April 25 at 8:32 AM
    I sold it as a PDF file for $15, currently on sale for $12 since it is the January through December edition and we are in April. I need to get my bum in gear for the next version!!

Quoting mem82:

LONG TIME NO SEE! 8)

Wow! How much did you sell it for just out of curiousity?

Quoting Boobah: I made my planner and actually put it for sale on etsy (the PDF). It did really well! We used it all year so far and I've loved it. I'm trying to work on a new version and am having trouble because I love this one. Lol

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts