Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
hwblyf
He Did It!!!!!!
by hwblyf
April 3 at 10:13 PM

So when my kids were in ps, they took tests in March and got results back in September.  :(  G took his tests last week and my husband mailed off all the stuff last Friday.  We have the results, and the boy passed!!!!  Such an awesome feeling.  And I got my wish, it's a detailed report, so I know where we need to focus our energies a bit more.  Yeah!  AND we just started our summer break.  Life is good....  :)

Replies

• ablackdolphin
    April 3 at 11:21 PM

Awesome job mama!!! What a great feeling!

• AllofFive19
    April 4 at 12:28 AM

awesome

• DyslexiaParent
    April 4 at 8:00 AM

Isn't that an AWESOME feeling??!!  I remember the very first year we homeschooled and took our EOY tests.. I was SHOCKED by the results!!  My older son had improved by SIX grade levels in reading, yes SIX!! 

He had been in public school for the prior five years and still couldn't read when we pulled him out.  I had hoped to do better than the school (that wouldn't have been difficult), but I never dreamed my DS would leap forward as he did. 

From there the rest was icing on the cake as he continued to advance by multiple grade levels.  Awesome.  Just AWESOME!

Congrats! :-D

• bluerooffarm
    April 4 at 8:05 AM

That is an awesome feeling!  So happy for you all!

• mamamedic69
    April 4 at 8:14 AM
    Awesome!!
  • TidewaterClan
    April 4 at 9:32 AM

Woohoo!  Way to go!  I'll bet you're so proud of him.  :)

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    April 4 at 9:44 AM

Wow.  I had to drag my jaw off the floor.  SIX grade levels!!!!  I was psyched by G's achievements, but six....wow.....  You rock!

Quoting DyslexiaParent:

Isn't that an AWESOME feeling??!!  I remember the very first year we homeschooled and took our EOY tests.. I was SHOCKED by the results!!  My older son had improved by SIX grade levels in reading, yes SIX!! 

He had been in public school for the prior five years and still couldn't read when we pulled him out.  I had hoped to do better than the school (that wouldn't have been difficult), but I never dreamed my DS would leap forward as he did. 

From there the rest was icing on the cake as he continued to advance by multiple grade levels.  Awesome.  Just AWESOME!

Congrats! :-D

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    April 4 at 9:48 AM

I am proud.  It's nice to get a little affirmation after a year and a half.  :)

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Woohoo!  Way to go!  I'll bet you're so proud of him.  :)

• Bluecalm
    April 4 at 1:21 PM
    Awesome!
  • coala
    by coala
    April 4 at 4:19 PM

Yay!!!!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts