Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
Do you restrict TV/ screen time more during the summer?
by mem82
April 3 at 12:06 PM

I do. In Ohio, it's hard to get out in January and February even a little so I do let the kids have more time on the tablets or tv. In the summer, I usually keep the tv off until the sun goes down.

Replies

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    April 3 at 12:47 PM

I'm struggling with this right now.  Normally I do, but we finished our school year yesterday, and it's butt cold today (and snowing....).  I'm tempted to give them a week of learning to schedule their own time....

• bluerooffarm
    April 3 at 12:47 PM

Yes!! Actually they save up their tv time all summer (and fall) so they can spend more time on the TV in the winter!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    April 3 at 12:53 PM

No we don't restrict it at all. Everyone has to share & take turns with the community property, so the TV & game systems in the living room & the tablets & computers in the office!

• paganbaby
    April 3 at 1:02 PM

Pretty much this.

Quoting usmom3:

No we don't restrict it at all. Everyone has to share & take turns with the community property, so the TV & game systems in the living room & the tablets & computers in the office!

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    April 3 at 1:50 PM
    It is the same all year. In the summer I don't restrict at all. They spend a lot of time going outside. During the cold months we have limited time for computers. I don't restrict TV viewing. They watch learning shows the most. I don't watch TV during the day so they mostly follow my lead. I only recently instilled limits on computers. They were complaining they didn't very much free time. They asked for help limiting computer time. Computer time is great for learning but I talk to them why having variety in life is important
  • coala
    by coala
    April 4 at 6:53 PM

I restrict it year round.....I usually turn it on when the weather is really icky....Like raining for days on end.  Otherwise, it is usually off until around 6 so I can watch the news and then the kids are all about watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

• KickButtMama
    April 4 at 8:45 PM

We turn the tv off for the same period of time 365 days per year. Our tv's are off from 10am - 3pm. The only time they are on longer for non-educational things is when someone is sick.

• SuperMommy408
    April 4 at 11:05 PM
    Yes we do restrict tv time all year round most days the tv doesn't come on at all. The girls really don't care to watch much tv. We don't have cable. We watch Netflix and they are only allowed to watch educational shows.
  • AutymsMommy
    April 4 at 11:56 PM

No. We don't really restrict screen time in general.

• mhaney03
    April 4 at 11:58 PM

no, it's too blazing hot to go outside most of the summer here.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts