Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kirbymom
Parental Involvement
March 28 at 7:26 PM
How involved do you moms get in your child's/ children's lives with their siblings conversations or activities?

Our family is very clise. So, sometimes when the kids get a conversation going I sometimes jump in and get involved into what they are talking about.

How about yyou?

Replies

• KickButtMama
    March 28 at 8:08 PM

Sometimes I jump right in, other times I sit and listen just for the entertainment factor...lol

• No_Difference
    March 28 at 8:42 PM

typically I have to break up arguments :( Riley and Jamie can not have a nice/normal conversation ever it seems... *sigh* On the other hand, I do get involved frequently  because I'm trying to start normal/nice conversations between them. It works for a whole 2 minutes before they start arguing again. When it comes to Jamie and her friends, I usually get invited into the conversations. If I don't get invited in, I tend to listen in now and then.

• bluerooffarm
    March 28 at 8:55 PM

I try not to break up arguments unless they look like they are going to get physical.  As for discussions I jump right in.  They make awesome teachable moments!  We are also very close and our house is so small, there is nearly no such thing as a private conversation.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    March 28 at 8:57 PM

I try to stay out of my kids issues and converstaions as much as possible but once they start nit-picking, or whining & nagging each other it drives me INSANE and I tell them to be nice or go to different rooms cuz I am NOT listening to it!  My oldest gets along with kid 2 and kid three but kids 2 & 3 fight like rabid dogs. They can'tLOOK at eachother without a "WHAT? Why you staring at me?" OMG!!!

I do have a pretty close relationship with all three and do jump in at times. We end up having some pretty deep/meaningful conversations that just kind of happen. I LOVE that part of parenting!

Nothing if sunnier than listening to our Boy Scout when they don't realise you are paying attention.  We wil lbe driving in my truck - me with 5 couts and they are in their own world and it is SOOOO funny! or the adults stay up around the campfire and hear the boy talking in their tents. Last campout the boys were kind of play fighting/wrestling /messing around and had a battery op lantern on in the tent. The shadows it laid on the tent wall, and what it LOOKED like they were doing, vs what we KNEW they were doing from listening = OMG!! We wre laughing so hard we were in pain!

• coala
    by coala
    March 28 at 9:21 PM

I honestly don't but in unless it is getting to the point of one of them treating the other unfairly....I hope that makes sense.

I have one who likes to "create games and rules", but makes it so her sister NEVER wins.  The one losing gets angry because the game isn't fair....and then I have to step in and be the bad person.

• kirbymom
    March 29 at 9:40 AM
    LOL ...
    And they ARE very entertaining at times aren't they?
    Good Morning!

Quoting KickButtMama:

Sometimes I jump right in, other times I sit and listen just for the entertainment factor...lol

• kirbymom
    March 29 at 10:00 AM
    I hear ya! I have to do that on occasion too. I have that same dynamics in my family to and they do the same thing. Ugh. It's so frustrating at times.

Quoting No_Difference:

typically I have to break up arguments :( Riley and Jamie can not have a nice/normal conversation ever it seems... *sigh* On the other hand, I do get involved frequently  because I'm trying to start normal/nice conversations between them. It works for a whole 2 minutes before they start arguing again. When it comes to Jamie and her friends, I usually get invited into the conversations. If I don't get invited in, I tend to listen in now and then.

• kirbymom
    March 29 at 10:09 AM
    I didnt/don't let my younger kuds fight, but my older ones do. They tussle and roll around for a few minutes then It's s back to being buds again. They are so close and I think it's because they get to "work out " their frustrations and move on knowing they are still good with each other.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I try not to break up arguments unless they look like they are going to get physical.  As for discussions I jump right in.  They make awesome teachable moments!  We are also very close and our house is so small, there is nearly no such thing as a private conversation.

• kirbymom
    March 29 at 10:10 AM
    I didnt/don't let my younger kuds fight, but my older ones do. They tussle and roll around for a few minutes then It's s back to being buds again. They are so close and I think it's because they get to "work out " their frustrations and move on knowing they are still good with each other.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

• kirbymom
    March 29 at 10:18 AM
    Oh yeah! I hate nit picking myself. I have to give them .." the look "

... > ~ <
    Lol

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I try to stay out of my kids issues and converstaions as much as possible but once they start nit-picking, or whining & nagging each other it drives me INSANE and I tell them to be nice or go to different rooms cuz I am NOT listening to it!  My oldest gets along with kid 2 and kid three but kids 2 & 3 fight like rabid dogs. They can'tLOOK at eachother without a "WHAT? Why you staring at me?" OMG!!!

I do have a pretty close relationship with all three and do jump in at times. We end up having some pretty deep/meaningful conversations that just kind of happen. I LOVE that part of parenting!

Nothing if sunnier than listening to our Boy Scout when they don't realise you are paying attention.  We wil lbe driving in my truck - me with 5 couts and they are in their own world and it is SOOOO funny! or the adults stay up around the campfire and hear the boy talking in their tents. Last campout the boys were kind of play fighting/wrestling /messing around and had a battery op lantern on in the tent. The shadows it laid on the tent wall, and what it LOOKED like they were doing, vs what we KNEW they were doing from listening = OMG!! We wre laughing so hard we were in pain!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN