Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
TJandKarasMom
OT-family day :)
March 28 at 10:59 AM

Mobile Photo

Wednesdays are like a family day to us. I have most Wednesdays off and DD has dance in the afternoons, close to DHs grandmothers house. So we drop DH off there and he spends time with his grandmother (who is more like a mother to him) and makes dinner while DS and I take DD to dance. We have been doing this for years, it used to be on Thursday nights and it was too much, since the kids were in school and I was at work all day, then dance wasn't until 6:30. There was a time it got too much when other people thought they could join us, DHs grandmother is in her 80s and she isn't up for entertaining large groups of people anymore. But when we visit, we don't expect her to entertain us, it's quite the opposite while DH makes dinner and starts a fire for her, and keeps her company (did a mention he is the spitting image...and named after...her husband that passed away over 40 years ago?!).

Anyway, this past Wednesday I was crocheting by the fire (I enjoy this part, listening to DHs gram and crocheting) and I got a knot in my yarn so I'd decided to ball it. Then DD wanted to try balling, so DH and DD balled one ball and DS and I did the one with the knot, DHs grandmother enjoyed the view so much, she insisted on taking a picture...all we had was my iPad, so this 85 yo woman learned how to take pictures on an iPad and took this picture. I just love it, I love the whole story of it. And just felt like sharing :)

Do you have special family days?

Replies

• Jinx-Troublex3
    March 28 at 11:29 AM
    I used to do something similar when my Grandma was alive.
    She lived alone and I would take the kids once a week, walk her dog, do shopping for her, pick up dinner, etc. I really miss her at times.
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 28 at 1:28 PM

What a beautiful memory for all of you to cherish!

• kirbymom
    March 28 at 1:54 PM
    That is such a sweet story! Thank you for sharing it with us. :)

My mother and I used to do something similar with this woman who thought of me as a granddaughter and baked my favorite pie every Sunday after church. I would sit with her and watch her favorite game shows with her. We would bring her a new flower plant every other Sunday. She loved it.
  • KickButtMama
    March 28 at 5:10 PM

Aww, that's so sweet! 

We go grocery shopping every thursday with my father. It gives my boys time every week with their Papa. Sometimes he brings my grandmother along as well. This week my younger brother ws visiting from NY so he came along. It's only for the morning, but that time is Presciosa to us all.

• bluerooffarm
    March 28 at 6:59 PM

We go to breakfast every Friday with my parents.

Just think of all the memories you are giving them!  <3

• Jinx-Troublex3
    March 28 at 9:03 PM

My parents are here a lot. My Dad comes and give sthe boys guitar lessons once a week and in exchange I cook them dinner. Saves me a ton on lessons and wew have a great time and the kids get to bond with them. Mom and DD and I usually play cards or farkel or yahtzee during the lesson.

• coala
    by coala
    March 28 at 9:25 PM

We get LOTS of them.  We were in Atlanta this past weekend for a HUGE skating competition....we had a blast.  Spent tons of time together and with other friends.

• SarahNElijah
    March 28 at 11:46 PM
    That is so neat!

We do a game night with just us on Weds and Sats, and go to stay the weekend with my parents every third weekend.. My extended family (other than my parents) live across the country, but we do get to visit about once a year or so. :)
  • bcogoli
    by bcogoli
    March 29 at 7:41 AM

That is an awesome memory for you and the kids! Family time is the best!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts