Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
KrissyKC
ok... why can't it always be spring?
March 26 at 12:43 AM
Maybe it is the sun... the fresh air... the sunny mornings...

But we do our absolute best work every spring.

We were done with the teaching portion of school by 10:30 today and the kids had finished their individual work by noon.

I got to go participate in a nursing home visit/service today, we hit the library, kids had lots of reading time. I organized some school shelves and put away some new stuff for next year, my eldest went to practice for a variety show and I visited a neighbor who has been in crisis lately.

This level of successful activity is not my norm.

Replies

• KrissyKC
    March 26 at 12:44 AM
    Then again, we bought subway for dinner and my kitchen is messy. I didn't get the floors vaccuumed either.

• KickButtMama
    March 26 at 6:56 AM

Ugh spring is still a fond distant memory for us...we usually have beautiful weather by now...but yesterday it was 13 degrees. Today it's 30 with a wind chill factor of 10....but we lucked out with the spring blizzard missing us by a hair. I miss spring!

• KickButtMama
    March 26 at 6:57 AM

Hey, I'm pretty sure that the first day one of us accomplishes absolutely everything on our mom checklist is the start of the apocalypse. 

Quoting KrissyKC: Then again, we bought subway for dinner and my kitchen is messy. I didn't get the floors vaccuumed either.

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 26 at 8:19 AM
    I second this.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Hey, I'm pretty sure that the first day one of us accomplishes absolutely everything on our mom checklist is the start of the apocalypse. 

Quoting KrissyKC: Then again, we bought subway for dinner and my kitchen is messy. I didn't get the floors vaccuumed either.

• bluerooffarm
    March 26 at 8:32 AM

LOL....because there is a tilt to the earth that causes seasonality.  ;-) Sorry I just HAD to!!

Seeing as how we now have a fresh coating of 2 inches of snow, spring has yet to have sprung here!

I'm glad you got your groove on, don't mind my rampant jealousy!  LOL

• TJandKarasMom
    March 26 at 8:33 AM
    Have we discussed where we live? I could say the same exact thing about the weather here. We are under a "wind advisory" today with gusts up to 40 mph! I saw a meme that said "what I lovely winter we are having this spring!" So accurate. I try not to complain because we choose to live in NH, but I am definitely ready for warm, sunny days!

Quoting KickButtMama:

Ugh spring is still a fond distant memory for us...we usually have beautiful weather by now...but yesterday it was 13 degrees. Today it's 30 with a wind chill factor of 10....but we lucked out with the spring blizzard missing us by a hair. I miss spring!

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    March 26 at 9:29 AM

We live in the plains of CO, just outside the foothills, and 40mph is always referred to as "breezy."  To me, "breezy" is a light wind that hardly even ruffles your hair as you're sipping your pina colada.  "Breezy" does NOT rip the siding off your house.  :)

Quoting TJandKarasMom: Have we discussed where fwe live? I could say the same exact thing about the weather here. We are under a "wind advisory" today with gusts up to 40 mph! I saw a meme that said "what I lovely winter we are having this spring!" So accurate. I try not to complain because we choose to live in NH, but I am definitely ready for warm, sunny days!
    Quoting KickButtMama:

• KrissyKC
    March 26 at 11:03 AM
    Well... I guess you can always tell a home schooling board.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

LOL....because there is a tilt to the earth that causes seasonality.  ;-) Sorry I just HAD to!!

Seeing as how we now have a fresh coating of 2 inches of snow, spring has yet to have sprung here!

I'm glad you got your groove on, don't mind my rampant jealousy!  LOL

• kirbymom
    March 26 at 11:05 AM
    I third this! lol

Quoting mem82: I second this.

Quoting KickButtMama:

• KrissyKC
    March 26 at 11:07 AM
    I live in missouri and its very chilly still, but clear and sunshiny. Supposed to get around 50 today.

I'm sorry for everyone still in winter. However, look at it this way... where I live we usually only get two main seasons...frigid and sweltering. Spring and fall don't last ling here.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts