Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
usmom3
GIANT List of Homeschool Curriculum and Freebies
by usmom3
BJ
March 21 at 7:52 PM

Here is the LINK if you want to check it out!

Replies

• N1ght1ngale
    March 21 at 7:55 PM

Once again..all for toddlers..is there anything for teens?

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 21 at 9:00 PM

Sadly the older our children get the harder it is to find stuff like this. I strongly encourage everyone I know that makes things like apps ore write their own curriculum to think of the older children & teens.

Quoting N1ght1ngale:

• N1ght1ngale
    March 21 at 9:03 PM

You know, that is an excellent idea! Coding is so simple to do today with all the plug ins.. My son does it without batting a lash! It's not like when I started and you had to type each character out! Maybe I can convince him to stop coding for a game and try some bleeding apps! 

Quoting usmom3:

Sadly the older our children get the harder it is to find stuff like this. I strongly encourage everyone I know that makes things like apps ore write their own curriculum to think of the older children & teens.

Quoting N1ght1ngale:

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 21 at 9:15 PM

My kids would love it if there where some apps geared toward their ages (8 & 10) that where fun & educational with out being like edutainment. I would love it if the price was under a dollar with no in app purchasing. I think there is a whole demographic of people not being thought of when it comes to apps!

Quoting N1ght1ngale:

You know, that is an excellent idea! Coding is so simple to do today with all the plug ins.. My son does it without batting a lash! It's not like when I started and you had to type each character out! Maybe I can convince him to stop coding for a game and try some bleeding apps! 

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting N1ght1ngale:

• N1ght1ngale
    March 21 at 9:31 PM

For Spanish, there is a free app called duolingo.. It keeps score and you can set goals.. There use to be fun computer games for math and spelling, but it seems many have disappeared with the creation of apps.. I still like IXL though for math..it's not a game, and you only get twenty free chances a day PER device it's on.. 

• kirbymom
    March 22 at 1:51 PM
    Great stuff for the young ones. Thanks. :)
  • jesusseesme
    March 22 at 2:36 PM

quizlet.com, khan acadamy, easy peasy.com , nasa.com, sheppards software very good.

• kirbymom
    March 22 at 3:29 PM
    Quoting N1ght1ngale:

Here is a link you might find useful.....

http://www.hoagiesgifted.org/online_hs.htm
  • paganbaby
    March 22 at 4:33 PM

I know! I went to my local teacher store, everything tops out at 6th grade. I'm like, wth?

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting N1ght1ngale:

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 22 at 9:15 PM

I have seen HS stuff but it is so expensive & limited in selection.

Quoting paganbaby:

I know! I went to my local teacher store, everything tops out at 6th grade. I'm like, wth?

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting N1ght1ngale:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts