Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Mweddle
Do your kids have
by Mweddle
March 20 at 11:10 AM

Their own computer? 

I'm considering getting my older 2 kids a computer to do activities on for school.  (foreign language, typing, learning games)  I was wondering if any of your kids have a laptop or computer.

Replies

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    March 20 at 11:40 AM

My 5 share one "kids" computer.  They get to have their schoolwork on it, that's where their minecraft is, that's the computer that's available for cool math games 4 kids.  But they don't have their own, and it's in the living room.  I like tablets, too.  Oh, and what they have is a laptop.  But they've been enjoying a lot of the educational apps I have on my iPad, so I'm considering another for next school year, but that would be shared as well.

• hipmomto3
    March 20 at 11:51 AM

My three kids share one "kid" computer as well. It's a laptop and much newer/nicer than mine. :) Some of their school stuff is installed on it but other things are on mine (because it's older/we had it first) so it's still not like totally theirs vs mine. 

My oldest (11) is saving to buy herself a laptop. I'm not sure why because we'll still limit the # of hours per day she spends on things, even educational things, but she really just wants to have her own for some reason. It will probably free up the 'kid' computer more for her younger sibs.

• KickButtMama
    March 20 at 12:32 PM

Yes and no. We have 3 computers. The kids do the majority of their school work on 2 of them, as I mostly use the iPad, but I always hesitate to label ownership.

• bluerooffarm
    March 20 at 2:27 PM

Our family owns 4 laptops and 2 tablets.  Other than hubby's laptop, no one owns them.  They own their own headphones because Q has kid-sized ones, Levi needed one with a microphone, and Zave bought himself really big ones.  LOL  2 of our laptops were bought used and they do most of their work (readingeggs, abcya, etc) on those, but if the "good one" at my desk is open, that's what they use.

• JadeTigr7
    March 20 at 2:39 PM

No

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 20 at 2:42 PM

My oldest is 20 & he has is own computer that he bought & hubby helped him build. My other 2 (ages 10 & 8) don't have their own but there are 2 desk top, 1 laptop & 3 tablets that they have access to when ever they want to use one.

• paganbaby
    March 20 at 4:42 PM

My 9yo has his own laptop. We bought him a Chromebook with our taxes so he could watch his science videos whenever he wants.

• HKing01
    by HKing01
    March 20 at 4:49 PM

We have a family computer they use for school when they need to but they do not have their own.

• youngartista
    March 20 at 10:13 PM

We recently bought our dd's (4-7) an OLDer desktop to share for homework and educational games. We bought a used one so if they happen to do anything to it we won't be upset!

• JJsbabygirl
    March 20 at 10:18 PM

Yes my Mom bought all 3 of my kids their own laptops....ages (8, 11, & 19).

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts