Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
redhead-bedhead
Glad to have that over with.
March 13 at 8:48 PM
I had my daughter's end of year assessment done yesterday. It was really easy. I was invited to a group assessment. I just had to bring a math and writing sample and participate in a group discussion.
Does anyone else have to have an assessment or testing done, and when will you be having it done?

Replies

• irvinehiker
    March 13 at 8:57 PM
    Glad it went so well. :)

No testing or portfolio for us. I live in the land of hs freedom. It's almost too easy, I wouldnt mind a little accountability.
  • redhead-bedhead
    March 13 at 10:27 PM

I really don't mind Ohio's laws. They are really easy to live with.

Quoting irvinehiker: Glad it went so well. :) No testing or portfolio for us. I live in the land of hs freedom. It's almost too easy, I wouldnt mind a little accountability.

• TJandKarasMom
    March 14 at 7:45 AM
    We have to have a test or a portfolio evaluation done at the end of the year...we haven't decided yet what we are going to do. We had decided we were doing the portfolio and keeping our kids out of the 'system' so to say, but then a good friend that's a more veteran hser said she does the test, it's way easier and you can give it at home. So I'm going to look into it more and see what happens with the test results and then decide. We will do it at the end of May.
  • AmyG1976
    March 14 at 9:09 AM

NOPE we dont have to do anything I like it that way but we may move and that may become part of our lives yours sounds not too bad at all though I would be nervous :)

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    March 14 at 9:36 AM

We're doing testing at the end of March.  I've got a test prep workbook that I'm going through with ds, and if this is how the test will be, there won't be any problems.  Fingers crossed.  :)

• TidewaterClan
    March 14 at 10:02 AM

Sounds like that was super easy and laid back!  My friend is going to review us (she's stopped by during the year too).  What did the person write as far as your assessment goes?  Just that your dd is on track and progressing, etc?

• redhead-bedhead
    March 14 at 10:38 AM

Mobile Photo

I just took a picture of the form she used. She typed it up and used it for everyone.
    Sorry if it is sideways. I took it vertically,but CM flipped it.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Sounds like that was super easy and laid back!  My friend is going to review us (she's stopped by during the year too).  What did the person write as far as your assessment goes?  Just that your dd is on track and progressing, etc?

• redhead-bedhead
    March 14 at 10:40 AM

Mobile Photo

Apparently you have to take the picture horizontally for CM. Weird.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Mobile Photo

I just took a picture of the form she used. She typed it up and used it for everyone.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

• TidewaterClan
    March 14 at 10:53 AM
    Cm does that to me all the time.

Thank you Very Much for posting this. I'll copy it off to show my friend. Neither of us was sure what it should say exactly.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Mobile Photo

Apparently you have to take the picture horizontally for CM. Weird.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Mobile Photo

Quoting TidewaterClan:

• KrissyKC
    March 14 at 11:15 AM
    I'm supposed to keep a log showing 1000 hours of instruction (600 of those in core subjects).

I'm also supposed to keep a portfolio of examples and any test scores or their grade record or something.

I make an attempt every year to do it... and I fail miserably to finish it.

No one ever has checked, though, so that's probably why it is on my list of low priorities.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts