What books are your children reading?
by mem82
March 13 at 10:25 AM

right now? How old are they?

Replies

• coala
    by coala
    March 13 at 11:12 AM

I have one reading Ivy and Bean (book 5) and the other reading Mr. Jack is a Maniac.  We are also reading Rebecca of Sunnybrook farm.....this one we are doing together and is the condensed version.

• kmath
    by kmath
    March 13 at 11:31 AM

Rotten School:Dudes the School is Haunted!, 39 Clues:The Maze of Bones, and Thea Stilton

He is 8.

• AutymsMommy
    March 13 at 11:33 AM

My daughter is currently waiting for the next book in her series (Lost Cities, or something like that?) to come out. She's sad. Her literature class is reading Tom Sawyer - she isn't a fan, lol.

I'm reading Hell, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle with my almost 5 year old son; he's reading Bob Books for practice.

My 20 month old just flips through Rainbow Rob, lol.

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    March 13 at 11:53 AM

Minecraft for Dummies--9yo (and anyone who can grab it from him)
    Ashtown Burials--11yo (and me!)
    Lake Monster Mix Up--8yo (A Sam & Friend's Mystery)
    tons of books--6yo
    beginner readers--5yo

Together we're finishing up Dandelion and I'm getting psyched to read Chestnut King with them.  I'm heavy into ND Wilson these days! 

• bluerooffarm
    March 13 at 11:58 AM

My 8yo (soon 9) is reading Alice in Wonderland for school and A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Hostile Hospital for fun.

My 7yo (well 7 on Monday) is reading Danny and the Dinosaur for school and Dinosaurs at Dark (Magic Treehouse) for fun.

My 5yo is reading Stuck in the Mud (on CD) and thumbing through the Lion and the Mouse every chance he gets! LOL

• paganbaby
    March 13 at 12:14 PM

14yo DD is reading Nicholas Dane.

9yo ds is reading Garfeild and Life of Fred

Ad 7yo dd is reading little books from school.

• paganbaby
    March 13 at 12:15 PM

They have minecraft for dummies?? 

Guess what I'm buying for my 9yo ds,lol.

Quoting hwblyf:

Minecraft for Dummies--9yo (and anyone who can grab it from him)Ashtown Burials--11yo (and me!)Lake Monster Mix Up--8yo (A Sam & Friend's Mystery)tons of books--6yobeginner readers--5yo

Together we're finishing up Dandelion and I'm getting psyched to read Chestnut King with them.  I'm heavy into ND Wilson these days! 

• Silverkitty
    March 13 at 12:21 PM

My 12 yo is readong Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry and Kitchen Madona for school.  Nothing at the moment for fun, she is too busy doing her mod design class.

My 3 yo is listening to me read Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House) and various other books.  He loves books.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 13 at 12:43 PM

I am reading The Incredible Journeyout loud to them. They are listening to Artemis Foul book 2 The Arctic Incident as an audio book at night.

• LostTheSlipper
    March 13 at 12:44 PM

He's reading some books on Alien abductions and another on Area 51 that we found at the library. As part of his schooling he has to read some book on medieval times called "The Door in the Wall". I'm sure he's got a few others going that I don't know about. He's 10.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN