Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Jilectan
One of those Mondays
March 10 at 6:56 PM

You know, when everything is harder than it should be? On the bright side, DD got through the first half of the review of short a letters without much trouble. Then she balked at practicing writing. Now she's outside scootering around. DS kept bugging me about why I gave DD a day off on Saturday. Yay. He's working on his math now, though, and he'll get to go outside after he finishes, too.

On the bright side, I tried giving DD some coffee, after reading that it can help calm down kids. It seems to be working. She's not as flighty as usual and seems to be concentrating better than usual. I'll give it a week and reevaluate.

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 10 at 8:47 PM

We learned by accident that coffee helps my Autistic sons stay calmer then normal!

I hope your day got better!

• ablackdolphin
    March 10 at 9:58 PM
    I hear ya, we has some screaming and crying early on so i had to switch plans and go light both kids have colds and we are all tired!
  • twyliatepeka
    March 11 at 12:38 AM

we had to go out today for an appointment. DD managed to read an easy(ish) book, wrote spelling words 3 times each & watched some science videos about motion (and some other topics she choes on her own) I am not even going to argue with what she got done today it has been a total monday around here for sure.

• JasonsMom2007
    March 11 at 12:45 AM

This time of year our life gets a bit crazy.   Every 4-H project wants to suddenly meet and tee ball started.  We're dropping hip hop to accomidate but I've decided to lower our school day to the bare basics to make up for it.

Of course ds spent 1 1/2 hours doing something that was really simple for him.  Grrr...

• JasonsMom2007
    March 11 at 12:46 AM

But hey, I got to spend more time than usual working with dd (3) and she shocked me with how much she knows!

• paganbaby
    March 11 at 11:59 AM

How did you get her to drink coffee? I've tried with my son and he just gagged :-(

• Jilectan
    March 11 at 12:01 PM

You know that flavored stuff? Maxwell House, french vanilla, although I'm considering getting her some chocolate covered espresso beans, since she likes those and there probably isn't as much sugar in it. Or maybe green coffee pills.

Quoting paganbaby:

How did you get her to drink coffee? I've tried with my son and he just gagged :-(

• paganbaby
    March 11 at 12:11 PM

Oh yeah! I just gave him the coffe I normally drink.

Quoting Jilectan:

You know that flavored stuff? Maxwell House, french vanilla, although I'm considering getting her some chocolate covered espresso beans, since she likes those and there probably isn't as much sugar in it. Or maybe green coffee pills.

Quoting paganbaby:

• Jilectan
    March 11 at 12:15 PM

lol, I tried that, once, and she gagged and spit it out.

DH thinks we should give her sobe energy drinks with taurine and such. I'm not so sure about those.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Jilectan:

Quoting paganbaby:

• kirbymom
    March 11 at 8:43 PM
    We did the coffee thing for one of my boys and it settled him down. The difference was huge. Night to day huge. That was when he was 11. Now he is 15 and does not want to drink coffee. :)

Jilectan....
    You might try doing 2 or 3 vitamin waters a day. They seem to help with my family, maybe it help yours(?).

Quoting Jilectan:

lol, I tried that, once, and she gagged and spit it out.

DH thinks we should give her sobe energy drinks with taurine and such. I'm not so sure about those.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Jilectan:

Quoting paganbaby:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts