Homeschooling Moms

norahsmommy
Curriculum for a dyslexic 3rd grader?
March 4 at 12:07 PM
Any suggestions? I'm leaning strongly toward homeschooling my oldest. She has struggled in her school and it's only getting worse. We will allow her to finish this year in her school but we will either homeschool or switch her to the hands on/project based school across town for next year.

Replies

• Jilectan
    March 4 at 3:14 PM

I'll be watching this one with interest. My dd may be dyslexic, but I haven't been able to get her asessed yet.

I recently found a free curriculum that claims that it's really good for dyslexics on donpotter.net called Blend Phonics. Has anyone heard of this one? It's a 4 month, intensive phonics program that covers reading and writing and recommends cursive writing first, and not just for dyslexics.

• AutymsMommy
    March 4 at 4:38 PM

I strongly recommend Dancing Bears for reading, and their sister spelling program "Apples and Pears".

• Jilectan
    March 6 at 9:15 PM

Anyone else? There has to be more out there!

OP, here are some suggestions given to me:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079/forums/read/19575954/How_to_deal_with_a_child_who_wont_concentrate?next=11

You do need to scroll down a bit, but someone provided some links for me to help with my DD. hth.

• momto3infl
    March 6 at 9:16 PM

Does she have Intervention with one on one tutoring through the school and/or 504?

• KrissyKC
    March 7 at 2:37 PM
    I googled homeschooling with dyslexia and the first sight that popped up is marriannesunderland.com.

I'm mobile and don't know how to cut and paste...

Anyway, I've looked at her sight before when trying to help another friend dealing with dyslexia. It is a helpful sight.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts