Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
jen2150
Reading to become a better writer
by jen2150
March 2 at 2:46 PM

Mobile Photo

http://writetodone.com/how-to-use-reading-to-become-a-better-writer/

I came across this article and I wanted to share it. A few years back I decided to focus on reading with my son. We still wrote every day. It just wasn't our focus. One thing I discovered was most avid readers are usually good writers as well. I have two sons in different stages. One is just starting to read chapter books and the other has been an avid reader for years. He is now starting to become an avid writer. He literally hated writing one week and loved it the next. He prefers typing over physical writing. We are just getting over being sick over the weekend. This next week I thought about doing something different. Something I have never done before. We are doing a reading week. We will not be doing any math problems, building projects, writing or anything but reading. We are going to be picking up books to read on science, mathematics, history and finishing reading Heidi out loud to my boys. Hope everyone is having a great week and hope you enjoy the article.

Replies

• noraa21
    by noraa21
    March 2 at 3:30 PM

Off to pick up my son now, but will read it when I get back.   My son is struggling with reading and hates to write anything other than his name!  He's a 7th grader with any where from a 3rd-5th grade reading level so I am looking for anything that might help with both the reading and writing parts over the summer. 

• paganbaby
    March 3 at 12:24 PM

I like that! Thinking about, the magority of our work is reading. I read science, history, math and of course language arts. Mostly I read to my son, 14yo dd reads on her own.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 3 at 3:34 PM

That is great thanks for sharing!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts