Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
stepanieof4
Homeschooling Books
March 2 at 12:27 AM

Does anyone happen to have any books they can give away to help us out? We have no income right now and I don't know how long it will take to get one..  We need books for 9th, 6/7th grade.

Thank you in advanced

Replies

• starbeck96
    March 2 at 3:27 AM

I may have some stuff.  I was going to give them away anyway.  I am at work right now and I have to work tomorrow night as well, but I will try to look sometime Monday (but it may be Tuesday). 

I know have Abeka Geography student book and teacher's edition.  I have 10th grade language arts as well, and maybe you could use that as 9th grade.  It includes student workbook, teacher's edition, test/quiz key, student spelling workbook, teacher's edition, and test/quiz key.  There is some writing it in (probably under 15 pages) and it is an older edition, but you are welcome to it.

I also have some life pac history workbooks.  Neither is a complete set, but you could use them and maybe add reports or something to make a full curriculum if needed. 

I also have a book about the constitution if you are interested in that.   You would also have to make up your own tests for it, but it could easily be used for 6th/7th grade or high school.  It is also easy to leave out what you don't want to use or to add things to it.

I will look and see if I have anything else as soon as I can.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    March 2 at 7:35 AM
    I can send you some books. Let me know what areas or interests you have. PM me.
  • kmath
    by kmath
    March 2 at 9:58 AM

Check out Book Samaritan as well.  They will send you books for free.  You can request certain things, but it just depends on what they have available. 

• Jinx-Troublex3
    March 2 at 2:05 PM

Try your local library or homeschool groups in the area.

• Silverkitty
    March 2 at 2:41 PM

I was going to suggest this.  I hear they are really good with trying to get what is requested to the families.

Quoting kmath:

Check out Book Samaritan as well.  They will send you books for free.  You can request certain things, but it just depends on what they have available. 

• stepanieof4
    March 2 at 11:41 PM

Thank you I would love them.  Just let me know If you can find them.

Quoting starbeck96:

I may have some stuff.  I was going to give them away anyway.  I am at work right now and I have to work tomorrow night as well, but I will try to look sometime Monday (but it may be Tuesday). 

I know have Abeka Geography student book and teacher's edition.  I have 10th grade language arts as well, and maybe you could use that as 9th grade.  It includes student workbook, teacher's edition, test/quiz key, student spelling workbook, teacher's edition, and test/quiz key.  There is some writing it in (probably under 15 pages) and it is an older edition, but you are welcome to it.

I also have some life pac history workbooks.  Neither is a complete set, but you could use them and maybe add reports or something to make a full curriculum if needed. 

I also have a book about the constitution if you are interested in that.   You would also have to make up your own tests for it, but it could easily be used for 6th/7th grade or high school.  It is also easy to leave out what you don't want to use or to add things to it.

I will look and see if I have anything else as soon as I can.

• stepanieof4
    March 2 at 11:42 PM

I will send you a message. 

Quoting jen2150: I can send you some books. Let me know what areas or interests you have. PM me.

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 3 at 8:25 AM
    Good luck! How long have you been homeschooling?
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 3 at 2:23 PM

I would look on the internet for free material you can print out or just use on the computer & use the library for as much as you can!

• Connorsmommy13
    March 3 at 2:25 PM

sorry only have grade 3/4 space books that I decided to photocopy instead of making him use the book.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts