Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
TJandKarasMom
Craft ideas?
February 23 at 7:44 PM
This isn't for homeschool, it's for work for me. I work with kids with Autism. I have one client that is 8 and very high functioning, but he has a hard time with some fine motor skills and following directions. I need ideas for crafts I can do with him and his very average 4 and 5 yo siblings. Any ideas?

Replies

• KickButtMama
    February 23 at 7:54 PM

I think the best thing is the Rainbow Loom. They can make little pieces of jewelry and work on fine motor skills at the same time. I recommend the original name brand rainbow loom as the hook is bigger and easier for those with fine motor issues. It's done wonders with my Aspie son.

• KickButtMama
    February 23 at 7:55 PM

Btw, my son loves looking up new ways of making the jewelry on youtube, and now wants to make his own 'how to' videos. 

• TJandKarasMom
    February 23 at 8:10 PM
    Great idea! We don't have one, but I can look into getting one, I may even get reimbursed from my work-haven't tried that yet.

Quoting KickButtMama:

I think the best thing is the Rainbow Loom. They can make little pieces of jewelry and work on fine motor skills at the same time. I recommend the original name brand rainbow loom as the hook is bigger and easier for those with fine motor issues. It's done wonders with my Aspie son.

• Molimomma
    February 23 at 8:41 PM

My son recently discovered those paint your own Suncatcher kits and is quite fascinated with them. It's super easy and there are tons of choices. My son is 4 and he was able to do it if I held the Suncatcher down for him.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 23 at 10:43 PM

My 8y/o son that has Autism loves to sculpt with polymer clay you can then bake to make hard & keep forever!

• paganbaby
    February 23 at 11:05 PM

I second this. My 9yo loves to sculpt.

Quoting usmom3:

My 8y/o son that has Autism loves to sculpt with polymer clay you can then bake to make hard & keep forever!

• KickButtMama
    February 23 at 11:22 PM

They are about $15 for the real ones, found at Michaels craft stores or online. 

Quoting TJandKarasMom: Great idea! We don't have one, but I can look into getting one, I may even get reimbursed from my work-haven't tried that yet.

Quoting KickButtMama:

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    February 24 at 8:27 AM

I keep wanting to try this weaving:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/334673816030248267/
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/334673816030201925/
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/334673816030820235/ 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts