Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Dawn07
OT: I got a scholarship to college!!!
by Dawn07
February 21 at 11:27 AM

I am soo excited!!!! My husband and I are the youth leaders at our church. Yesterday I went with our pastor and his wife to a youth leader/pastor fellowship, dh is out working. Well they had drawings for things like a deposit for a missions trip, a deposit/fully paid trip to Israel (don't remember which for that one), and two $2000 scholarships to a christian universtiy. I ended up leaving with one of those scholarships!!! I am so physched! They took my info and are supposed to be calling in the next week to discuss details. Oh, and I have the option to do it all online. Now to just settle on what I want to go for.

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 21 at 12:50 PM

That's wonderful!

• kirbymom
    February 21 at 12:51 PM
    Ooooh that is so wonderful! Have any thoughts on what you want to take?
  • Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    February 21 at 1:15 PM

Quoting kirbymom: Ooooh that is so wonderful! Have any thoughts on what you want to take?

I'm going back and forth between Biblical Studies and Education. Because it's a christian college though even if I take Education I still have some of the Biblical courses with it, so I am leaning slightly toward Education at the moment.

• kirbymom
    February 21 at 1:46 PM
    I guess I would lean the same way were I in your place. I would go Education too.

Quoting Dawn07:

Quoting kirbymom: Ooooh that is so wonderful! Have any thoughts on what you want to take?

I'm going back and forth between Biblical Studies and Education. Because it's a christian college though even if I take Education I still have some of the Biblical courses with it, so I am leaning slightly toward Education at the moment.

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    February 21 at 2:02 PM
    And the two things pushing it is I can use it if I had to go to work or something happens to dh (God forbid, but he works in the oilfield so that thought is there) or through our church I can work as a missionary assiociate and homeschool other missionaries kids. Some don't ask for a degree while others do. After the kids are graduated this would be right up my alley.

Quoting kirbymom: I guess I would lean the same way were I in your place. I would go Education too.

Quoting Dawn07:

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    February 21 at 2:15 PM

WOO HOO!  Congratulations!!!!

• romacox
    by romacox
    February 21 at 2:57 PM

congratulations

• kirbymom
    February 21 at 3:30 PM
    Well, like you said...God forbid anything happen to your hubby! And it sounds like you know what you want. Now just go for it!
    My thoughts are, if you can learn more, with everything lining up, you should. And just think how your kids will see the importance of having more education?

Quoting Dawn07: And the two things pushing it is I can use it if I had to go to work or something happens to dh (God forbid, but he works in the oilfield so that thought is there) or through our church I can work as a missionary assiociate and homeschool other missionaries kids. Some don't ask for a degree while others do. After the kids are graduated this would be right up my alley.

Quoting kirbymom: I guess I would lean the same way were I in your place. I would go Education too.

Quoting Dawn07:

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    February 21 at 3:35 PM
    The more I talk about it the more I'm leaning that way. I think it will most likely be that. I told dd I was going to go back to school and we could do school work together. She thought it was funny lol.

Quoting kirbymom: Well, like you said...God forbid anything happen to your hubby! And it sounds like you know what you want. Now just go for it!

My thoughts are, if you can learn more, with everything lining up, you should. And just think how your kids will see the importance of having more education?

Quoting Dawn07: And the two things pushing it is I can use it if I had to go to work or something happens to dh (God forbid, but he works in the oilfield so that thought is there) or through our church I can work as a missionary assiociate and homeschool other missionaries kids. Some don't ask for a degree while others do. After the kids are graduated this would be right up my alley.

Quoting Dawn07:

• Bleacheddecay
    February 22 at 7:49 PM

Yay!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN