Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
What is happening this week at your house?
by mem82
February 17 at 9:04 AM

?????

Replies

• No_Difference
    February 17 at 9:42 AM

It is Hubby's birthday today. We're taking the day off and he's having friends over for a game day, and hopefully they're staying for dinner (because i have a TON of food ready to go for tonight!!) The rest of this week will hopefully be mild lol.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather warms up enough to melt the snow off the sidewalks the rest of the way so I can start running outside, which I really need to get back into doing.

• bluerooffarm
    February 17 at 9:45 AM

More Spider stories, we're starting the Arabian Nights.  We are still working on adding faster (Levi) and multiplying faster (Zave).  We are discussing (and actually graphing) the difference between rolling friction and sliding friction and Friday we're doing the experiment in reading break-away friction.  In history we are covering the Ottoman Empire.  Music is modern jazz (think Harry Connick Junior and the Marsalises).  Art is mosaics.  (Like the ones in the Mosques in Turkey).  And in home-ec they are making Kasarli Pide (Baked Pita bread with melted cheese) and Mercimek Corbasi (red lentil soup) both are Turkish cuisine.

• debramommyof4
    February 17 at 9:50 AM
    Well today I have 8 kids while my friend and husband go house hunting for us to all move in together.

Public school is out so I am keeping all the kids. I have to do school with my 11 year old niece and my kids need to do some work as well so the other 3 will join us with a very light load on what they need extra work on.

Then I will send them out to play while the other 5 finish up.

The rest of the week is fairly slow till we hit co-op. We are making dinosaur puppets for my Magic Tree House class and we are going to play some games and practice reading for my early math and reading class.
  • TidewaterClan
    February 17 at 9:59 AM
    We're celebrating President's Day with some fun activity sheets then they have the day off.

Tomorrow is a field trip to Entertrainment because it's their homeschool week with cheaper admission (get your tickets online for the discount if you go).

The rest of the week is our usual good stuff but I'm going to spice up LA with some fun activities.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    February 17 at 11:37 AM
    You are moving in with another family with four kids? Yikes! The noise!

Quoting debramommyof4: Well today I have 8 kids while my friend and husband go house hunting for us to all move in together.

Public school is out so I am keeping all the kids. I have to do school with my 11 year old niece and my kids need to do some work as well so the other 3 will join us with a very light load on what they need extra work on.

The rest of the week is fairly slow till we hit co-op. We are making dinosaur puppets for my Magic Tree House class and we are going to play some games and practice reading for my early math and reading class.
  • paganbaby
    February 17 at 11:37 AM

Today is going to be an easy day for the kids. I have to babysit today so I'm leaving my 14yo in charge of school. As scary as that sounds, they're just watching a couple shows, science and history and she'll be helping ds with his online comics. For her, I assinged a couple chapters of reading and some math worksheets.

Dh thought I should give them the day off but those days add up! Hopefully they can manage while I'm gone,lol.

• debramommyof4
    February 17 at 11:45 AM

Yes and we have 4 kids.  So it will be 8 kids total ranging in ages from 3 to 11.  Their mom and us both need to have cheaper rent so it will work out.  Plus she needs to get out of her parents house.  She moved in after some bad stuff happened.  So we are looking to get a place together so that they have stability and cheaper rent and we have cheaper rent.  Plus her kids adopted us as their aunt and uncle so we have to look out for them.

Quoting mem82: You are moving in with another family with four kids? Yikes! The noise!

Quoting debramommyof4: Well today I have 8 kids while my friend and husband go house hunting for us to all move in together.

• Mommy2Phenley
    February 17 at 12:04 PM
    We're getting back to it after a week off in Disneyland. Part of me (the much quieter part) is itching to start right this second because I feel behind from the week off (we school in the afternoon while little one naps) and the other part of me is saying "eh, what's one more day? ....."

I will make sure we do it though, I think it'd be a bad start to our week to skip for no reason. We got home late Friday night so we've had a couple chill days.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    February 17 at 12:16 PM
    I hope it works out for you.

Quoting debramommyof4:

Yes and we have 4 kids.  So it will be 8 kids total ranging in ages from 3 to 11.  Their mom and us both need to have cheaper rent so it will work out.  Plus she needs to get out of her parents house.  She moved in after some bad stuff happened.  So we are looking to get a place together so that they have stability and cheaper rent and we have cheaper rent.  Plus her kids adopted us as their aunt and uncle so we have to look out for them.

Quoting mem82: You are moving in with another family with four kids? Yikes! The noise!

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 17 at 12:19 PM
    Can you tell me where that is?

Quoting TidewaterClan: We're celebrating President's Day with some fun activity sheets then they have the day off.

Tomorrow is a field trip to Entertrainment because it's their homeschool week with cheaper admission (get your tickets online for the discount if you go).

The rest of the week is our usual good stuff but I'm going to spice up LA with some fun activities.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN