Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
NoraDun
How to celebrate President's Day?
by NoraDun
February 15 at 11:51 PM

Anyone have suggestions on fun activities for President's day? I would like to do something educational and fun! My kiddos are 8, 5, and 3!

Replies

• ablackdolphin
    February 16 at 4:14 PM
    we will read who was george washingon i also have some presidents flash cards and will do a craft from pinterest
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    February 16 at 6:06 PM
    When my kids were those ages I paid for Enchanted Learning. com and they had great.printables. It is $10 or 20 a year.
  • No_Difference
    February 16 at 8:00 PM

Last year I had my daughter pick a president she wanted to read about (she was 8), and we went to the library for age/level appropriate books, and she drew a picture of the president, and wrote down, when he was born, when he died, and when he served as president, something he did in office, and 3 other interesting facts. We did some craft, but I don't remember what to be honest :/
    With the little ones, maybe make a cotton ball wigs, and do a George Washington  themed activity??

Another year, I think I had my daughter read a simple biography on George Washington and Abe Lincoln, and then we did a compare and contrast together. We talked about different stories of each president, like George Washington cutting the cherry tree, and Abe when he worked in a store I believe...  We talked about their characters as people, and how we should try to "be like them" with their good qualities that made them so great.... (I think this was our first full yr homeschooling, because now that I'm thinking about it, it seems very text book-ish lol)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts