Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Ecoseem
Do you travel often?
by Ecoseem
February 9 at 11:07 AM

If you do, where are your favorite places to go?  Some of ours are hiking/camp spots, Chicago Museum of Science and Industry and the Indy Children's Musuem.  This month we are going to a maple syrup festival about 3 hours away.

We are travelers, ds and I.  We go somewhere about once a month, and will/do travel more when we don't have a rigid schedule. We will be doing some roadschooling after I graduate, and I just wondered if there were any others here that suffer from cabin fever.

Replies

• kmath
    by kmath
    February 9 at 11:23 AM

Yep, if we can get out of the house, we do.  We like going to the caves, museums and parks around here.  We visit family at least once a month.  We will go to other cities if there is something going on there that we want to see or do.  We both like being out of the house and seeing and doing. 

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    February 9 at 11:24 AM

Yes, and it really varies.  This month we are going snow tubing, Lake anna nucleur plant, and I am planning to go to the children's museum very soon.  We just started a new junior naturalist program at  an organic farm near charlottesville VA.  The maple syrup festival sounds neat.  I just bought some maple syrup from quebec for their presentation on Wednesday.  :-)

• katyq
    by katyq
    February 9 at 1:14 PM

We travel a ton. Dh, ds and I all love it and it is one reason why we decided to homeschool. :)

• kirbymom
    February 9 at 1:15 PM
    We used to travel in a Motorhome all over the place. Of course that was back when we only had 4 and a half kids. lol I was preggers at the time. :)
  • paganbaby
    February 9 at 1:15 PM

I wish! Dh is a homebody so we only get out a few times a year. Once I can justify the expense of another car, that'll change real quick,lol.

• katyq
    by katyq
    February 9 at 1:25 PM

How many kids do you guys have now? We started kinda late so we will have two more hopefully, and that will bring us to 3. :p

Quoting kirbymom: We used to travel in a Motorhome all over the place. Of course that was back when we only had 4 and a half kids. lol I was preggers at the time. :)

• kirbymom
    February 9 at 1:46 PM
    lol... That number is a typo. We only had 3 and a half. We now have a total of 7 kiddos .
    We started when I was 24. Some people think that is late. :)

Quoting katyq:

How many kids do you guys have now? We started kinda late so we will have two more hopefully, and that will bring us to 3. :p

Quoting kirbymom: We used to travel in a Motorhome all over the place. Of course that was back when we only had 4 and a half kids. lol I was preggers at the time. :)

• ablackdolphin
    February 9 at 1:56 PM

We travel several times a year to visit family.  I haven't managed to work homeschooling into that the way I want to just get but my kids are still very young so it'll get easier as they get older.

• katyq
    by katyq
    February 9 at 2:34 PM

Wow! My son 3 1/2 was born when I was 26. If we had kept on, we would have wanted more than three, but my husband has been in Afghanistan for most of the last 6 years so we don't have much opportunity to try -_- lol

Quoting kirbymom: lol... That number is a typo. We only had 3 and a half. We now have a total of 7 kiddos .

Quoting katyq:

• kirbymom
    February 9 at 2:55 PM
    lol

Yeah, being in Afghanistan would definitely make honeymoon time few and far between. How long is his tour of duty? If I may ask?

Quoting katyq:

Wow! My son 3 1/2 was born when I was 26. If we had kept on, we would have wanted more than three, but my husband has been in Afghanistan for most of the last 6 years so we don't have much opportunity to try -_- lol

Quoting kirbymom: lol... That number is a typo. We only had 3 and a half. We now have a total of 7 kiddos .

Quoting katyq:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN