Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
NoraDun
Anyone struggle?
by NoraDun
February 9 at 5:04 AM
With staying organized and not allowing other things to come before homeschooling?

Replies

• coala
    by coala
    February 10 at 4:16 PM

Some days.  Today NO school was done.  The girls did however play with change and their cash cow's.  They are "piggy banks" that tell you the coin you put in and how much it is worth.  It also totals the amount of money you are putting in.  You can also play games and tells you how many coins (which are buttons on the side of the cow) that you need to make a certain amount of money.  Seems kind of silly, but atleast they are learning something. 

We had a busy weekend and the prep for today did not take place and couple that with an early Dr's appt and bam you have a day like today.

• Bleacher-mom
    February 10 at 7:56 PM
    I do. But it's b/c I'm usually helping other people. My mom is in the process of moving into a new house, so I have been to her house many times during the day'toting the kids with me to help. Also I have a several friends that work so I'm constantly being asked to babysit. This week will be the fourth friend I have babysat for. And I'm not just talking a day or two. I'm talking about several weeks at a time.
  • bldjrs123
    February 10 at 8:06 PM

oh my my that is soooo how it is around here!! i think mine has a lot to do with me "putting" together our curriculium instead of just having it laid out there for me...

Quoting paganbaby:

I'm trying hard to find balance. This is our first year and it seems like when I try to put more focus on school, the house falls into disrepair, the shopping doesn't get done, teh dogs don't get walked, ect. When I try to keep up on other things, school suffers. Some days it feels like I'm walking a tight rope :-/

• paganbaby
    February 10 at 9:21 PM

Me too! I don't really have any "put together" curriculum either.

Quoting bldjrs123:

oh my my that is soooo how it is around here!! i think mine has a lot to do with me "putting" together our curriculium instead of just having it laid out there for me...

Quoting paganbaby:

I'm trying hard to find balance. This is our first year and it seems like when I try to put more focus on school, the house falls into disrepair, the shopping doesn't get done, teh dogs don't get walked, ect. When I try to keep up on other things, school suffers. Some days it feels like I'm walking a tight rope :-/

• paganbaby
    February 10 at 9:22 PM

I had the exact same day. Scary! lol

Quoting coala:

Some days.  Today NO school was done.  The girls did however play with change and their cash cow's.  They are "piggy banks" that tell you the coin you put in and how much it is worth.  It also totals the amount of money you are putting in.  You can also play games and tells you how many coins (which are buttons on the side of the cow) that you need to make a certain amount of money.  Seems kind of silly, but atleast they are learning something. 

We had a busy weekend and the prep for today did not take place and couple that with an early Dr's appt and bam you have a day like today.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN