Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
NoraDun
Anyone struggle?
by NoraDun
February 9 at 5:04 AM
With staying organized and not allowing other things to come before homeschooling?

Replies

• ablackdolphin
    February 9 at 3:05 PM

YES! I'm training for a half marathon (my first) in 2 weeks.  At night, I run instead of lesson plan lol

• homeschoolmom9
    February 9 at 3:07 PM
    Lol yep same here

Quoting kmath:

Yep, though school doesn't always come first with us.  Other things are just as important and he can learn from those things as well.  Staying organized, yeah I kinda suck at that.

• NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    February 9 at 3:42 PM

Good to feel not so alone! The past two weeks we have gotten NO school work done! The kids all had the flu the first week, then this week I was sick. I am determined to try to start back Monday, but I just feel like everytime we get into a good schedule something happens and we skip time!! I am scared my lack of coordination, organization, etc is going to make them suffer!! :(

• paganbaby
    February 9 at 4:58 PM

Quoting kirbymom: Aww sweety! Can I let you in on a secret? Hopefully you won't mind if I go ahead. :)

You can be a homeschooling veteran and STILL have times where everything is every which way but the way intended! lol What truly matters most is how we handkerchief these times. And sometimes it just doesn't come easy.
    BUT...
    As long as we try and do our best as much as we can while we have our kids home, then not nyc more can be asked of us.
    You can do this! We'll help each other! :)

Quoting paganbaby:

I'm trying hard to find balance. This is our first year and it seems like when I try to put more focus on school, the house falls into disrepair, the shopping doesn't get done, teh dogs don't get walked, ect. When I try to keep up on other things, school suffers. Some days it feels like I'm walking a tight rope :-/

• kirbymom
    February 9 at 5:15 PM
    Nope. You are definitely not alone! What you're/we're going through...it's called life. Live it to the best of your ability. No one can ask for more than that. If you're feeling the "stress" of life, grab a cup of your favorite drink and pop in here and we girls will chat and talk and giggle and hopefully before long you will feel better. :)

Quoting NoraDun:

Good to feel not so alone! The past two weeks we have gotten NO school work done! The kids all had the flu the first week, then this week I was sick. I am determined to try to start back Monday, but I just feel like everytime we get into a good schedule something happens and we skip time!! I am scared my lack of coordination, organization, etc is going to make them suffer!! :(

• celtic77dragon
    February 9 at 5:30 PM

Hell Yes! Not to the point of actually slacking off, but it is a struggle to keep on top of everything to make it run as smoothly as I wished it to.

• unsuspected
    February 9 at 5:33 PM

We just packed up and moved across the country. We've taken more than enough time off for that process but I can't get back into the routine.

• NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    February 9 at 7:24 PM

Its been an insane year for us. We started school early August nowing it would be crazy. We schooled August and half of Sept. Then we took off the last week in Sept and all of Oct because I delivered my son. Then we went back Nov and first half of Dec. Then Took off last half of Dec and then we went back Jan. But now again teh last two weeks everyone has been sick. I just worry if we are doing enough. We have to take a test by August to turn into the county school board office and I kinda freaking out. But also I had planned on being done by May, so I keep telling myself no biggie we will just work through summer. But I still worry if I am really doing enough!! Grrr

Quoting unsuspected: We just packed up and moved across the country. Were taken more than enough time off for that process but I can't get back into to routine.

• unsuspected
    February 9 at 8:15 PM

I don't think this the best advice, but when I get down, I like to look at the public school schedule and see all their half days, holidays,teacher's day's, fur low days etc.  We will have to work through the Summer as well to catch up.  I just planned out our lessons for this coming week, starting tomorrow.  Our first week back into the swing of things since Thanksgiving.  I'm not proud to admit that, but there it is.  The move has been hard on all of us, but especially me.  

Every day is a new day to get up and try again.  I'm hoping this coming week will be the kick in the shorts I've needed to get back on track.  

Quoting NoraDun:

Its been an insane year for us. We started school early August nowing it would be crazy. We schooled August and half of Sept. Then we took off the last week in Sept and all of Oct because I delivered my son. Then we went back Nov and first half of Dec. Then Took off last half of Dec and then we went back Jan. But now again teh last two weeks everyone has been sick. I just worry if we are doing enough. We have to take a test by August to turn into the county school board office and I kinda freaking out. But also I had planned on being done by May, so I keep telling myself no biggie we will just work through summer. But I still worry if I am really doing enough!! Grrr

Quoting unsuspected: We just packed up and moved across the country. Were taken more than enough time off for that process but I can't get back into to routine.

• NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    February 9 at 8:29 PM

thanks hun, we too are ready to get back on track tomorrow!!!

Quoting unsuspected:

I don't think this the best advice, but when I get down, I like to look at the public school schedule and see all their half days, holidays,teacher's day's, fur low days etc.  We will have to work through the Summer as well to catch up.  I just planned out our lessons for this coming week, starting tomorrow.  Our first week back into the swing of things since Thanksgiving.  I'm not proud to admit that, but there it is.  The move has been hard on all of us, but especially me.  

Every day is a new day to get up and try again.  I'm hoping this coming week will be the kick in the shorts I've needed to get back on track.  

Quoting NoraDun:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN