Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kmath
Would you move on?
by kmath
February 8 at 1:34 PM

DS finished 2nd grade English last week!  Woo-Hoo, this kid rocks.  So now we can either go ahead and move on to third grade or take a couple weeks off and get caught up in history and science.  I know what I am going to do, but I just wanted to see what everyone else would do.  Taking the couple weeks off doesn't mean NO english, just means more fun things like Madlibs and some grammar games to make sure he doesn't forget anything. 

Replies

• Ecoseem
    by Ecoseem
    February 8 at 2:44 PM

I'd take the time off

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    February 8 at 3:07 PM
    I would ask him what he would like to work on. Maybe come up with some fun choices that he would enjoy.
  • kmath
    by kmath
    February 8 at 3:20 PM

He really wants to finish up some history projects we haven't had time for and play with his new microscope.  I could probably find a way to incorperate English into either of those two subjects so he didn't forget everything before we started up again.

Quoting jen2150: I would ask him what he would like to work on. Maybe come up with some fun choices that he would enjoy.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    February 8 at 3:32 PM
    Sounds like a great idea. I have founds English is used in almost every subject. I even found a book called Math poetry. It is very neat. Have fun.

Quoting kmath:

He really wants to finish up some history projects we haven't had time for and play with his new microscope.  I could probably find a way to incorperate English into either of those two subjects so he didn't forget everything before we started up again.

Quoting jen2150: I would ask him what he would like to work on. Maybe come up with some fun choices that he would enjoy.

• kmath
    by kmath
    February 8 at 3:35 PM

I'm going to have to look for that book!

Quoting jen2150: Sounds like a great idea. I have founds English is used in almost every subject. I even found a book called Math poetry. It is very neat. Have fun.

Quoting kmath:

• TidewaterClan
    February 8 at 4:11 PM
    Yep I agree. I'd catch up on the fun stuff. All of our history & science has language arts to it, so I wouldn't worry at all.
  • bluerooffarm
    February 8 at 4:13 PM

I would probably ask what he would like to do.  I love it when I get to give them options and let them make desicions for themselves!

Tell him Great Job!

• kmath
    by kmath
    February 8 at 4:16 PM

I did ask if he wanted to hold off on starting the next year and he said yes.  I'll ask him what he really wants to concentrate on since we have the time now.

Thanks, I will!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I would probably ask what he would like to do.  I love it when I get to give them options and let them make desicions for themselves!

Tell him Great Job!

• kmath
    by kmath
    February 8 at 4:17 PM

I hadn't even thought about just using those two for English review, but I think I will. 

Quoting TidewaterClan: Yep I agree. I'd catch up on the fun stuff. All of our history & science has language arts to it, so I wouldn't worry at all.

• Honey_Comb
    February 8 at 4:19 PM
    DD just finished history and we are catching up on other things now.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts