Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
Is homeschooling easier or harder than you thought it was going to be?
by mem82
February 7 at 9:55 PM

If you could go back and tell yourself to 'DO IT' or "DONT DO IT" which would it be?

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 7 at 10:01 PM

I would tell myself to do it from the beginning & never send my oldest to the PS!

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 7 at 10:06 PM

Sometimes, I think I need that little push of actually having sent my oldest for 2 years to stay commited to not doing it again. I'm not a PS basher. It just doesn't work for my family.

Quoting usmom3:

I would tell myself to do it from the beginning & never send my oldest to the PS!

• mom2theA-team
    February 7 at 10:07 PM

Do it. It's been much easier than I thought. It's actually strengthened our relationship. 

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 7 at 10:08 PM

That's great! That's how it should feel!

Quoting mom2theA-team:

Do it. It's been much easier than I thought. It's actually strengthened our relationship. 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 7 at 10:11 PM

I never wanted to send him to PS, I only did it because he has Autism & I didn't think I was smart enough to help him learn!

Quoting mem82:

Sometimes, I think I need that little push of actually having sent my oldest for 2 years to stay commited to not doing it again. I'm not a PS basher. It just doesn't work for my family.

Quoting usmom3:

• mom2theA-team
    February 7 at 10:12 PM

Well, our daughter would have started K this year and she was on a 2nd/ 3rd grade level... The best our schools (top rated) could offer was, "We can send 1st and 2nd grade homework home."

It wasn't good enough for me.  

Quoting mem82:

That's great! That's how it should feel!

Quoting mom2theA-team:

• kirbymom
    February 7 at 11:27 PM
    Both!
    Some aspects were easier than I thought and others were more difficult than I thought.
  • Codysmom2106
    February 7 at 11:55 PM
    This

Quoting usmom3:

• debramommyof4
    February 8 at 12:52 AM
    Do it. Some days are easier than others but it is so worth it. I would never want to miss out on the experience.
  • redhead-bedhead
    February 8 at 1:47 AM

There have been plenty moments when I ask myself what I was thinking, but it hasn't been that hard. It think because she has been homeschooled since day one, it might be a little easier for us at the moment.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts