Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
Is homeschooling easier or harder than you thought it was going to be?
by mem82
February 7 at 9:55 PM

If you could go back and tell yourself to 'DO IT' or "DONT DO IT" which would it be?

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 7 at 10:01 PM

I would tell myself to do it from the beginning & never send my oldest to the PS!

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 7 at 10:06 PM

Sometimes, I think I need that little push of actually having sent my oldest for 2 years to stay commited to not doing it again. I'm not a PS basher. It just doesn't work for my family.

Quoting usmom3:

I would tell myself to do it from the beginning & never send my oldest to the PS!

• mom2theA-team
    February 7 at 10:07 PM

Do it. It's been much easier than I thought. It's actually strengthened our relationship. 

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 7 at 10:08 PM

That's great! That's how it should feel!

Quoting mom2theA-team:

Do it. It's been much easier than I thought. It's actually strengthened our relationship. 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 7 at 10:11 PM

I never wanted to send him to PS, I only did it because he has Autism & I didn't think I was smart enough to help him learn!

Quoting mem82:

Sometimes, I think I need that little push of actually having sent my oldest for 2 years to stay commited to not doing it again. I'm not a PS basher. It just doesn't work for my family.

Quoting usmom3:

• mom2theA-team
    February 7 at 10:12 PM

Well, our daughter would have started K this year and she was on a 2nd/ 3rd grade level... The best our schools (top rated) could offer was, "We can send 1st and 2nd grade homework home."

It wasn't good enough for me.  

Quoting mem82:

That's great! That's how it should feel!

Quoting mom2theA-team:

• kirbymom
    February 7 at 11:27 PM
    Both!
    Some aspects were easier than I thought and others were more difficult than I thought.
  • Codysmom2106
    February 7 at 11:55 PM
    This

Quoting usmom3:

• debramommyof4
    February 8 at 12:52 AM
    Do it. Some days are easier than others but it is so worth it. I would never want to miss out on the experience.
  • redhead-bedhead
    February 8 at 1:47 AM

There have been plenty moments when I ask myself what I was thinking, but it hasn't been that hard. It think because she has been homeschooled since day one, it might be a little easier for us at the moment.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN