Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
redneckgal11
Question
February 2 at 6:51 PM

Hi everyone, I am new to the group *waves* Anyway, I have a question or two if you wouldn't mind answering :)

My son is 3, and I am wanting to homeschool. I don't like the public school system and the private school here is not the best either. So anyways, I have NO IDEA where to start! I know it is still early, but was wondering, what kinda of cirruclum do you use? I am actually looking for the best cheapest one. I have looked at several and they are all pretty darn high (I know I am not going to find it very cheap). I think that is all for now. TIA for answering! :)

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 2 at 6:58 PM

Learn what the laws for your stare are first, then learn your child'slearning style both of those will determine what is going to work for him & you. You should be able to find a free curriculum at least for the elementary years!

I don't use one so I am no help on what is good or not!

• redneckgal11
    February 2 at 7:01 PM

Thank you for your reply! :)

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 2 at 7:22 PM
    Look up the Easy Peasy Homeschool curriculum. It's free and well thought out.
  • Codysmom2106
    February 2 at 7:28 PM
    I use a bunch of different things from various sources. I originally wanted to go with a boxed set but this way is working out better for us. You may need to try a few things before you figure out what works best. Good luck!
  • redneckgal11
    February 3 at 8:10 AM

Thank you ladies! :)

• kirbymom
    February 3 at 8:43 AM
    At this age, I don't think you really don't need a full blown curriculum. You can just use the resources that are all around you. Teach him like you would any other time. Keep it fun
  • redneckgal11
    February 3 at 8:46 AM

I'm not wanting to buy a curriculum for now, I am trying to just look around and plan for the future :) I guess I should of re-worded that better in the first post. Sorry, my bad lol

Quoting kirbymom: At this age, I don't think you really don't need a full blown curriculum. You can just use the resources that are all around you. Teach him like you would any other time. Keep it fun

• debramommyof4
    February 3 at 10:04 AM
    I love sing spell read and write for the early years (k,1,2). If you find curriculum swaps and talk to them sometimes they take regular books as well. I had a few things and picked up everything but the workbooks for free. The work books come out to 50 dollars at rainbow resource and I get them this week.
  • -Teeter-Totter-
    February 3 at 10:16 AM

We have a 2 1/2 year old and almost four year old, so right now we're just doing a little circle time (we use the nursery rhyme cd's from Starfall.com for movement and counting songs, then read stories and play with blocks and things). And we have a weekly schedule for crafts/baking, etc.

This fall when DS is four we're going to start using Waldorf Essentials.

edit: sorry, posted too soon, here are some of my favorite sites if you're looking at curriculums :)

simplycharlottemason.com

milestonesacademy.com

timberdoodle company (pricey packages, but neat manipulatives you could add on to whatever you choose)

waldorfessentials.com 

oakmeadow.com

starfall.com

livingbookscurriculum

• romacox
    by romacox
    February 3 at 10:16 AM

How To Home School will help you learn about your laws, and more. 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts