Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
redneckgal11
Question
February 2 at 6:51 PM

Hi everyone, I am new to the group *waves* Anyway, I have a question or two if you wouldn't mind answering :)

My son is 3, and I am wanting to homeschool. I don't like the public school system and the private school here is not the best either. So anyways, I have NO IDEA where to start! I know it is still early, but was wondering, what kinda of cirruclum do you use? I am actually looking for the best cheapest one. I have looked at several and they are all pretty darn high (I know I am not going to find it very cheap). I think that is all for now. TIA for answering! :)

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 2 at 6:58 PM

Learn what the laws for your stare are first, then learn your child'slearning style both of those will determine what is going to work for him & you. You should be able to find a free curriculum at least for the elementary years!

I don't use one so I am no help on what is good or not!

• redneckgal11
    February 2 at 7:01 PM

Thank you for your reply! :)

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 2 at 7:22 PM
    Look up the Easy Peasy Homeschool curriculum. It's free and well thought out.
  • Codysmom2106
    February 2 at 7:28 PM
    I use a bunch of different things from various sources. I originally wanted to go with a boxed set but this way is working out better for us. You may need to try a few things before you figure out what works best. Good luck!
  • redneckgal11
    February 3 at 8:10 AM

Thank you ladies! :)

• kirbymom
    February 3 at 8:43 AM
    At this age, I don't think you really don't need a full blown curriculum. You can just use the resources that are all around you. Teach him like you would any other time. Keep it fun
  • redneckgal11
    February 3 at 8:46 AM

I'm not wanting to buy a curriculum for now, I am trying to just look around and plan for the future :) I guess I should of re-worded that better in the first post. Sorry, my bad lol

Quoting kirbymom: At this age, I don't think you really don't need a full blown curriculum. You can just use the resources that are all around you. Teach him like you would any other time. Keep it fun

• debramommyof4
    February 3 at 10:04 AM
    I love sing spell read and write for the early years (k,1,2). If you find curriculum swaps and talk to them sometimes they take regular books as well. I had a few things and picked up everything but the workbooks for free. The work books come out to 50 dollars at rainbow resource and I get them this week.
  • -Teeter-Totter-
    February 3 at 10:16 AM

We have a 2 1/2 year old and almost four year old, so right now we're just doing a little circle time (we use the nursery rhyme cd's from Starfall.com for movement and counting songs, then read stories and play with blocks and things). And we have a weekly schedule for crafts/baking, etc.

This fall when DS is four we're going to start using Waldorf Essentials.

edit: sorry, posted too soon, here are some of my favorite sites if you're looking at curriculums :)

simplycharlottemason.com

milestonesacademy.com

timberdoodle company (pricey packages, but neat manipulatives you could add on to whatever you choose)

waldorfessentials.com 

oakmeadow.com

starfall.com

livingbookscurriculum

• romacox
    by romacox
    February 3 at 10:16 AM

How To Home School will help you learn about your laws, and more. 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts