Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
AutymsMommy
So... who is thinking about next year and planning?
January 30 at 12:47 PM

I am! I am! I am! (of course, lol)

Autumn will still be at her brick and mortar private school, but Nico will be home and I'll have the Toddler Monster to deal with.

What are you guys planning, curriculum-wise, for next year?

Replies

• Silverkitty
    January 30 at 12:52 PM

I am lol.  My post of what I'm using is up.

• AutymsMommy
    January 30 at 12:58 PM

I'm buying ASAP. If I wait, I'll change my mind, or succomb to the Shiny Object Syndrome that plagues me.

• Silverkitty
    January 30 at 1:00 PM

Yes, I agree.  What are you getting?

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I'm buying ASAP. If I wait, I'll change my mind, or succomb to the Shiny Object Syndrome that plagues me.

• AutymsMommy
    January 30 at 1:08 PM

Er. Well. Today I plan to get the following (this will change 10 times before I order):

RC History (Connecting with History): history, religion, geography, writing, literature

CLE Mathematics 1

Handwriting Without Tears grade 1

Making Music, Praying Twice (music)

Faith and Freedom Readers (Seton Press, for reading practice)

Magic School Bus videos and books for science

Latin... I'm thinking of Song School Latin

Italian - Little Pim

Phonics I'm not sure of yet

Quoting Silverkitty:

Yes, I agree.  What are you getting?

Quoting AutymsMommy:

• bluerooffarm
    January 30 at 1:11 PM

I am!!!  I'm nearly ready to order, just waiting to see what we will have left after taxes. :-p

• TidewaterClan
    January 30 at 1:44 PM

Me too!  Me too!  LOL :)

Pearson had the following on sale during Christmas, so these are waiting on our new bookshelf:

4th Grade Purchases for next year:

Scott Foresman Science

Scott Foresman Social Studies, Video Field Trips for Social Studies (we've already watched these twice!), and Colonial Williamsburg interactive CD-Rom.

Reading Street

7th Grade Purchases:

Science Fusion - Unit C - the Human Body

My World Geography

Reading Street

The Great Homeschool Convention will be in Cincinnati April 24 - 26.  I'll pick up Second Form Latin from Memoria Press, our Math in Focus from Harcourt, and bring a rolling suitcase to shop at Rainbow Resources. :)

They just announced Cathy Duffy herself will be there, so I'm extremely excited about going.

Have you used Making Music, Praying Twice yet?  If so, do you like it?

My girls LOVE SongSchool Latin.  They sing the songs all the time, even while we're working with First Form.

• kmath
    by kmath
    January 30 at 1:48 PM

I am working on it.  Still trying to figure out Science and what type of History we are going to work on.  Plus I am not sure where we will be in LA so we might need another book.

So far I know Beast Academy for math, Explode the Code if we haven't finished them all, Voyages in English (we are starting 3rd grade in two weeks so not sure where we will be) and Handwriting without Tears.  I am looking at adding some logic skills and a language, but we will see.  Still hunting for a good science curric and trying to decide if we are going to continue with Story of the World for history or move to something else.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    January 30 at 1:49 PM

I am looking into a new curriculum for math.  I am thinking of using math-u-see.  My son does not like  TT anymore.  I will be starting it as soon as I purchase it probably in the next few weeks.  He found TT too abstract.  He wants something hands on.  He also needs math books he can read as well.  He loves playing with math and hands on projects.  We are using life of fred but I am hesitant just using it by itself eventhough I am adding a lot to it.  I downloaded a sample lesson and my son loved it. 

I am thinking about science as well.  We might do chemistry or just keep goin with physics.

I am still debating history.  I am thinking of maybe diving into the middle ages next year.  We are doing US history this year specialy Lewis and Clark time period.

I am pretty much changing things all year long.  LOL  I have too many ideas.

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    January 30 at 2:13 PM
    I've had her list written up since before last school year. I went over it again during the holidays to make sure I didn't want to change anything. Now I'm just waiting for income tax.
  • AutymsMommy
    January 30 at 3:01 PM

We're already using Making Music, Praying Twice. It's great. We're blessed that my FIL is a private music teacher and owns a music shoppe up north, so he sent the suggested instruments (which are minimal but FUN).

It is a Catholic program, and I know that may be an issue for some. The CDs are split according to the liturgical year according to the church; the CDs all have normal, fun, classic children's songs, and also some prayers, chants, and catholic hymns. The home instructor's manual and song books are great too.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Me too!  Me too!  LOL :)

Pearson had the following on sale during Christmas, so these are waiting on our new bookshelf:

4th Grade Purchases for next year:

Scott Foresman Science

Scott Foresman Social Studies, Video Field Trips for Social Studies (we've already watched these twice!), and Colonial Williamsburg interactive CD-Rom.

Reading Street

7th Grade Purchases:

Science Fusion - Unit C - the Human Body

My World Geography

Reading Street

The Great Homeschool Convention will be in Cincinnati April 24 - 26.  I'll pick up Second Form Latin from Memoria Press, our Math in Focus from Harcourt, and bring a rolling suitcase to shop at Rainbow Resources. :)

They just announced Cathy Duffy herself will be there, so I'm extremely excited about going.

Have you used Making Music, Praying Twice yet?  If so, do you like it?

My girls LOVE SongSchool Latin.  They sing the songs all the time, even while we're working with First Form.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts