Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
bluerooffarm
Coincidences....
January 28 at 11:29 AM

On Friday we did a telegraph lesson, today the boys have finished the circuit so we now have a transmitter and a buzzer each in the kitchen and the play room.  

Also my oldest is reading the Lemony Snicket: A Series of Unfortunate Events.  He has just begun book 8, The Hostile Hospital.  In the first chapter, the children send an emergency Telegraph message to Mr. Poe.  

Cool coincidence!

Do you ever notice the coincidence between what you are learning in a couple classes coming together in such a way?

Replies

• KickButtMama
    January 28 at 12:17 PM

All the time! I love it when we learn something then come across it on tv or in real life

• Knightquester
    January 28 at 12:43 PM

Yes, it's cool when two separate situations in life can mesh together in a common way.

• bluerooffarm
    January 28 at 12:51 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

All the time! I love it when we learn something then come across it on tv or in real life

It makes me realize how many of these I missed when they were in PS.  It seems to happen so often!

• TJandKarasMom
    January 28 at 1:55 PM

It happens so often!  Synchronicity we call it :)  I love when it happens, the kids do too. 

Last week my kids were playing Wheel of Fortune on my iPad while we were getting my oil changed and new tires (we brought schoolwork, but it took forever and they finished everything I brought for them!)  and one of the puzzles was "Greek Philosopers" maybe 2-3 days earlier we had been discussing them!  They got so excited.  It's so fun to see them notice that what they learn has practical applications, even if it's just a discussion or having real life experience with something you read in a book!

• bluerooffarm
    January 28 at 2:03 PM

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

It happens so often!  Synchronicity we call it :)  I love when it happens, the kids do too. 

Last week my kids were playing Wheel of Fortune on my iPad while we were getting my oil changed and new tires (we brought schoolwork, but it took forever and they finished everything I brought for them!)  and one of the puzzles was "Greek Philosopers" maybe 2-3 days earlier we had been discussing them!  They got so excited.  It's so fun to see them notice that what they learn has practical applications, even if it's just a discussion or having real life experience with something you read in a book!

Oh that is awesome!  It is so much fun.  I know Zave was stoked enough to pause his timer and tell me about it.  And he's one of those kids who wouldn't look up from his book if the house was on fire!  LOL

• coala
    by coala
    January 28 at 3:43 PM

Yup!!!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    January 28 at 4:18 PM

We find things linking together all the time!

• Bluecalm
    January 28 at 4:55 PM
    I love when that happens. My 6 year old gets so excited like it was a bit of magic.
  • bluerooffarm
    January 28 at 4:57 PM

Quoting Bluecalm: I love when that happens. My 6 year old gets so excited like it was a bit of magic.

Mine sometimes seem to think I do it all on purpose.  Sometimes I do, but usually it is just a happy coincidence.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts