Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
2chillins4me
Confused
January 22 at 9:27 AM

When I come on here.  I feel bad.  Y'all seem to have it all together.  We started homeschooling this year, and we don't seem to know what we are doing.  We do the curriculum we bought, but it's not very fun.  I don't know if we are doing enough.  We delayed my 6 yr old because of his b-day.  However, we are still working on Kindergarten level things.  He can read and do some math, not much though.  Then I have a 7th grader and she does the bare minimum she doesn't want to do anything extra or fun.  Is she doing enough? 

Replies

• sha_lyn68
    January 22 at 12:29 PM

I certainly don't have it all together. We are just now able to get really serious this year. I had 2 surgeris in Aug and radation in Oct. It's only been about 6 weeks or so since I've been physically and menatally able to get serious. DD has pretty much unschooled the first 1/2 of this school yr. Yes she's let her math and science slide a bit, but she's done a yrs worth of German in 4 months and she's been researching colleges and careers. She's now ready to get serious too because she has a purpose instead of just doing the work because I said so.

• 2chillins4me
    January 22 at 3:40 PM

We ordered off of Timberdoodle, which they pick what they think is best for that grade level.  Teaching textbook for math, Sequential spelling, Easy Grammer, Wordsmith. Doing our own History and Science cause she was a little overwhelmed with what they sent us.  She is likes learning about the civil rights movement and Science we got a book called "You got to try this" with different experiments.

Quoting paganbaby:

I do not have it all together LOL! This is my first year too. I've bounced around so much it's not even funny. We seem to be finding our pace though, sort of,lol. My first question is, what curiculum do you have and what do you find boring about it?

• 2chillins4me
    January 22 at 3:43 PM

Thank you all for the encouragement and suggestions. 

• TidewaterClan
    January 22 at 8:12 PM

It's our first year too.  I write down what we do each day.  It helps to glance through and see you've really done more than you thought.  

• MamaDearie
    January 24 at 8:07 PM

hugs

I think everyone has those days- me included. :-) Hang in there and try not to compare yourself to anyone else. You are unique. Your kids are unique. Your situation is unique. It doesn't make anything you are doing better or worse than anyone else- just different. Everyone progresses at their own speed. It's one of the wonderful things about homeschooling!

• maggiemom2000
    January 24 at 9:43 PM

None of us have it as together as we look!

Have you tried khanacademy.org with your 7th grader? It is really easy to set up and she can watch lessons and do math work all on her own, and it is free!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts