Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
TidewaterClan
Howdy BIG READ Readers - were you able to access a copy of "Dark Witch" yet?
January 21 at 10:53 AM

Hey Peeps!

Just wondering if you have been able to scoop up a copy of the "Dark Witch" yet?  Just let me know.  Mine is now on hold at the library, so I'll have dh pick it up for me after work.

Please let me know how long you think it will take to complete.  I know we have some busy folks, and I don't want anyone to feel pressure.  This is just for fun and to enjoy everyone's reflections.

Book info again:

Dark Witch (Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy Series #1) by Nora Roberts

With indifferent parents, Iona Sheehan grew up craving devotion and acceptance. From her maternal grandmother, she learned where to find both: a land of lush forests, dazzling lakes, and centuries-old legends.

Ireland.

County Mayo, to be exact. Where her ancestors’ blood and magic have flowed through generations—and where her destiny awaits.

Iona arrives in Ireland with nothing but her Nan’s directions, an unfailingly optimistic attitude, and an innate talent with horses. Not far from the luxurious castle where she is spending a week, she finds her cousins, Branna and Connor O’Dwyer. And since family is family, they invite her into their home and their lives.

When Iona lands a job at the local stables, she meets the owner, Boyle McGrath. Cowboy, pirate, wild tribal horsemen, he’s three of her biggest fantasy weaknesses all in one big, bold package.

Iona realizes that here she can make a home for herself—and live her life as she wants, even if that means falling head over heels for Boyle. But nothing is as it seems. An ancient evil has wound its way around Iona’s family tree and must be defeated. Family and friends will fight with each other and for each other to keep the promise of hope—and love—alive….

Replies

• kirbymom
    February 3 at 8:27 AM
    Well, as I said in my other reply, I aint giving up just yet. :) Sometimes there is a way around things.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Some books aren't eligible.  I think it depends on the author or publisher.  Thanks for trying!  Hopefully the library will get it soon!

Quoting kirbymom: Sorry Debbie. I went back and looked at my account and they aren't giving me the option to loan the book. They do with other books I have just not that one. I am not sure why. I am going to do some digging around and see what I can come up with. Don't give up yet.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I don't think it worked.  I got an email saying 'Sonja wants you to see this item' and the link just brought me to the purchase page.

Is this what you did?

1. Visit the Kindle Store.

2. On the product detail page, click Loan this book. You will be sent to the Loan this book page.

3. Enter the recipient's e-mail address.

If desired, enter a personal message.

Note: Be sure to send the Kindle book loan notification to your friend's personal e-mail address and not their Kindle e-mail address.

4. Click Send now.

Quoting kirbymom: I have the same app and I (hopefully) sent it to you. I would have done this the other day but my phone just quit working and I am stuck using my hubby's pos until we can replace my phone.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200549320

Sorry can't make it clicky on my iPad. I will PM you my email address, that would be soo awesome if you don't mind lending it to me!!!

Quoting kirbymom: You can borrow from me!

Quoting TJandKarasMom: No...I did request it from the library but it will be a while I think.

Quoting TidewaterClan: Did you have any responses Debbie?

Quoting TJandKarasMom: Is anyone willing to lend the book to me that has it on their kindle? I'm not positive how, but I know there is a way to lend/borrow from friends. My library has the ebook but there are 74 people on the wait list! And the actual book would take a week or more to get from another library.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    February 10 at 7:35 PM
    How is everyone doing with the book?
    How many are we waiting on?
  • TidewaterClan
    February 10 at 8:47 PM
    Debbie (TjandKarasMom) is on the waiting list at her library. I think most everyone else is finished. It only took me two days once I got into the 2nd chapter so I don't think it will take her long once she has it in hand.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: How is everyone doing with the book?

• Jinx-Troublex3
    February 11 at 12:19 AM
    Thanks! I was hoping I had not missed it!

Quoting TidewaterClan: Debbie (TjandKarasMom) is on the waiting list at her library. I think most everyone else is finished. It only took me two days once I got into the 2nd chapter so I don't think it will take her long once she has it in hand.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: How is everyone doing with the book?

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN