Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
bldjrs123
any one use this....
January 20 at 9:54 PM

I seen a post that suggested Complete Curriculum and i was wondering if any one uses it.  Is it worth the price and time? What do the teacher editions have in them and include? I can see samples of the student books but it doesnt show any samples of the teacher editions. Im trying to find a curriculum that has the teacher and student books but dont cost an arm and leg.

Replies

• AutymsMommy
    January 20 at 10:15 PM

IME the "complete curriculums" are far more supplemental than they are "complete", if you are talking about the ones sold at Barnes and Noble stores, Wal-Marts, etc.

• KickButtMama
    January 20 at 11:37 PM

I agree w/ the pp, the ones sold at those stores are in no way complete.

• katyq
    by katyq
    January 20 at 11:43 PM

I use the complete preschool curriculum for my 3.5 year old but it could never stand alone...young kids needs hands on activities and they need to be actively engaged.  I am only using it for preschool. Kindergarten will be an actual curriculum.

• debramommyof4
    January 21 at 12:36 AM
    Can you give us a website?
  • bldjrs123
    January 21 at 7:00 AM
    The website is .... www.completecurriculum. com. These are sold as a membership or can be bought on the website individual
  • debramommyof4
    January 21 at 7:22 AM
    That is different than the one I have and what must people were talking about. I have never heard of this one.

Quoting bldjrs123: The website is .... www.completecurriculum. com. These are sold as a membership or can be bought on the website individual
  • bldjrs123
    January 21 at 7:47 AM
    Ok thanks... any one else know anything bout it?
  • celtic77dragon
    January 21 at 12:08 PM

I have used this (if this is what you mean). I used it over the summer with my kids while doing the Logic Of English. It is a really decent workbook, however, I would not use it as an actual h.s. curriculum. The link that I gave goes to Amazon and it has a TON of reviews for this item.  

• bldjrs123
    January 22 at 6:14 AM

https://www.completecurriculum.com. i dont believe thats the same that im talking about. . Im on mobile now so i cant get the sample to dl to make sure but there is the website I was looking at. ... they have student books and the teacher editions

• No_Difference
    January 22 at 9:23 AM

I have not used it. I looked at some of the samples though, and it seems to be very bottom lined common core for math and LA. Science, I was actually surprised that it had activities to go with each of the lessons, and the activities themselves seemed decent, but the readings almost seemed dumbed down (I looked at the 5th grade level so I can't speak for all of them, and I was comparing what my science minded kids have been doing so I could be way off the mark too). I didn't look at the social studies at all, but it definitely reflected what is taught and when its taught in public schools. The math was interesting to say the least that it had two 10th grade levels, Alg II and Geometry, but  they're 11th and 12 grade aren't published yet, so its hard to see if they're going to have Trig, or Pre Calc at all. I've heard bad stories about CC not prepping for Calc at all lately...

Me personally, I'd probably stay clear of it, but its because I can't really see its end results, and it doesn't even give a general view of the end results. I'm also reading a lot of "presentation at a glance", and "it allows to teachers to supplement, streamline, or customize each lesson". The customize part is nice in theory, but from what I saw, it'd be better used for supplement, and the streamline part for me translates to, skirt by at bare minimum... It has its pros and cons, but after looking at so many other types of curriculia, I've seen better :/ .

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN