Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
bldjrs123
any one use this....
January 20 at 9:54 PM

I seen a post that suggested Complete Curriculum and i was wondering if any one uses it.  Is it worth the price and time? What do the teacher editions have in them and include? I can see samples of the student books but it doesnt show any samples of the teacher editions. Im trying to find a curriculum that has the teacher and student books but dont cost an arm and leg.

Replies

• celtic77dragon
    January 22 at 9:37 AM

My bad. 

Here is the link for everyone else:

https://www.completecurriculum.com 

I will have to check that out    = )

Quoting bldjrs123:
    https://www.completecurriculum.com. i dont believe thats the same that im talking about. . Im on mobile now so i cant get the sample to dl to make sure but there is the website I was looking at. ... they have student books and the teacher editions

• Chasing3
    January 22 at 10:05 AM

if it's the same one Cathy Duffy reviews, it says she has it in one of her top 101 picks, which kid of surprised me as my knee jerk reaction to looking at their home page was that it wasn't going to be good. But it doesn't seem so much she really reviews it, but more just sort of explains it...

http://cathyduffyreviews.com/grade-level-packages/complete-curriculum.htm

from poking around the site quickly, it looks like you can buy a digital download of individual pieces, i.e.: jsut the social studies... I might look at the samples more closely for science and social studies since I'm always looking for ideas in those areas and they claim to give hands-on activities in science.... 

if it's really only $29 for a year of everything, you kind of can't lose, even if you only use a small bit of it and end up buying a lot of other curriculum pieces.

• Chasing3
    January 22 at 10:26 AM

ok, since I am convinced everything is a giant Common Core conspiracy (have I totally lost it that I actually find it fishy that their initials are CC also??), I did what I could to google the company, I can find almost no information about it. But Complete Curriculum LLC is based in Gibraltar, Michigan, is priavtely held, and has three employees: Steve Pacherco, Kent Rhinehart and Michael Conti. They seem to all have a background in IT - can't seem to find any connection to educational training or research.

so, hard to say... I use some work books that are cheap and recycling content that is decades old. Is a digital version any worse or better? Do I need to make tinfoil hats for the whole family, stock up on canned goods and disconnect our internet access??

• Chasing3
    January 22 at 10:40 AM

ok, sorry to be so annoying and harp on this... but they aren't even any good at IT, since their links to download free samples and the books' tables of contents don't work... so I can't see what 4th grade social studies looks like anyway!

I think it boils down to: You get what you pay for. It's cheap stuff. 

• bluerooffarm
    January 22 at 10:42 AM

Quoting Chasing3:

ok, sorry to be so annoying and harp on this... but they aren't even any good at IT, since their links to download free samples and the books' tables of contents don't work... so I can't see what 4th grade social studies looks like anyway!

LOL!  

Yeah, I couldn't get them to work and eventually gave up.  Thanks for letting me know it wasn't just me.

• bldjrs123
    January 22 at 3:25 PM
    I couldnt get the samples to load in chrome I had ti use internet explorer. .. and thamks ladys for all the thoughts .. im just trying to find something thats got the student and teacher books but wont cost me hundreds of dollars. . I have been making my own curriculum but I need something with more structure. ..

Quoting Chasing3:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN