Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
KickButtMama
This is what it looks like...Part II
January 20 at 4:37 PM

Ok, so I posted a couple of days ago about what it looks like to move books, after a decade of homeschooling..... I'm kind of ashamed but, books are by no means the totality of...crap...educational stuff....you accumulate as completely necessary for successful schooling. This is phase II....aka...all that other school stuff - about a thousand science kits, a million 3 ring binders, magnets, notebooks, movies, etc....

not to mention my 3rd addiction......Just as a reminder...addiction 1=books, addiction 2= Organizational tools (notice all the shelving units..lol) so addiction 3 is of course Crafting Supplies! (FYI, 80% of the crafting stuff is NOT in these pictures)

so, newbies.....the things you didn't consider when hemming-hawing the decision to HS....how it takes over your life! (Happily, really) 

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    January 20 at 4:44 PM

LOL @ picture 3.  I have that green milk crate, and that blue milk crate, and those skinny drawers, and those wider drawers!  And if those are some of the white sterilite plastic shelves still waiting to be put together, then I have a couple sets of those too!  Uh-oh sounds like we might just share some obsessions!  :-)

By the way, it really looks like you are making good progress in your move.  I know how it feels, but you are doing great, KBM.

• KickButtMama
    January 20 at 4:57 PM

I'm pretty sure there are like 6 of us in this group that if we made a post of all the homeschooling stuff / organizational stuff / obsessions, our posts would be identical! Lol that was kind of my thinking when making these posts. (You know aside from an excuse to take a break..lol) I started thinking about how many posts over the years I've seen on different shells, organizing bins, books, bookshelves, homeschool rooms, etc to know this nightmare is the sad reality of moving. I've even posted what my previous HS rooms look like - when all clean and pretty....this is part of the process..lol..

I'm so proud of my poor boys. My doctor ordered me to do as little as possible as the swelling in my bad leg has gotten so bad. I put away the kids books yesterday and swelled so bad all the capillaries in the bottom of my feet burst so the soles of my feet are black with bruises! My DH had to work today, so all that hard work has really been on my boys shoulders! 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

LOL @ picture 3.  I have that green milk crate, and that blue milk crate, and those skinny drawers, and those wider drawers!  And if those are some of the white sterilite plastic shelves still waiting to be put together, then I have a couple sets of those too!  Uh-oh sounds like we might just share some obsessions!  :-)

By the way, it really looks like you are making good progress in your move.  I know how it feels, but you are doing great, KBM.

• bluerooffarm
    January 20 at 5:28 PM

Oh no!  Your poor feet sound miserable!  I'm so glad your boys are taking the load off you.  Way to go, boys!

I think there are a lot of us who have similar obsessions.  (And some of us are still in the closet with our obsessions too! LOL)

Quoting KickButtMama:

I'm pretty sure there are like 6 of us in this group that if we made a post of all the homeschooling stuff / organizational stuff / obsessions, our posts would be identical! Lol that was kind of my thinking when making these posts. (You know aside from an excuse to take a break..lol) I started thinking about how many posts over the years I've seen on different shells, organizing bins, books, bookshelves, homeschool rooms, etc to know this nightmare is the sad reality of moving. I've even posted what my previous HS rooms look like - when all clean and pretty....this is part of the process..lol..

I'm so proud of my poor boys. My doctor ordered me to do as little as possible as the swelling in my bad leg has gotten so bad. I put away the kids books yesterday and swelled so bad all the capillaries in the bottom of my feet burst so the soles of my feet are black with bruises! My DH had to work today, so all that hard work has really been on my boys shoulders! 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 20 at 7:50 PM

Yikes! That sounds rough on your feet and your boys. 8(

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 20 at 7:51 PM

Maybe one day I will be brave enough to post some of my 'organization of homeschool supplies'. lol yeeeaaahhh....

• schoolmarm1
    January 20 at 8:23 PM
    I need some organizational tips! Starting homeschooling this coming fall. We have a three bedroom house. Zero, zilch, nada extra space. Why do I already feel in over my head? Is this normal?!?
  • KickButtMama
    January 20 at 9:03 PM

It was a bit like coming out of houe closet, or going to AA, I think..lol..I guess I'm the "truth cannon" 

Quoting mem82:

Maybe one day I will be brave enough to post some of my 'organization of homeschool supplies'. lol yeeeaaahhh....

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 20 at 9:07 PM
    Very normal. How much space do you have under the bed?

Quoting schoolmarm1: I need some organizational tips! Starting homeschooling this coming fall. We have a three bedroom house. Zero, zilch, nada extra space. Why do I already feel in over my head? Is this normal?!?
  • celtic77dragon
    January 21 at 1:23 PM

That was enough to make me cringe to hear about your poor feet. damn. I can't even imagine that. 

I hadn't homeschooled in 2yrs when I moved and I STILL dragged all of those damn books to the new place, lol. 

• TidewaterClan
    January 21 at 4:02 PM

I've got so much craft junk it isn't even funny.  I'll post a picture once it's nice and neat, ha ha ha!

Sorry your leg and feet are bothering you so much.  That's sweet of your boys to help out so much.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN